Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Misha and Mishka are both diminutive forms of Mikhail (the Slavic form of Michael). Misha is the common form, while Mishka is an endearing form. Eg, friends of Mikhail Gorbachev might call him Misha, but only his mother or wife might call him Mishka.

Mishka also means little bear. Cf the mascot of the 1980 Olympics and the chocolate candies of the same name.

Name the bird Mikhail, then you can call him either.

for all the above info.....
As I mentioned in an above posting, we are not changing his name.
He would have no problem learning a new name, but
Mishka says his name too beautiful, emphasizing the K so strongly
that is reason enough not to change his name.

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Cool... I love that explanation of the meaning of Mishka.. especially when it means Michael... Now that is a great Name.. LOL..

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Cool... I love that explanation of the meaning of Mishka.. especially when it means Michael... Now that is a great Name.. LOL..

How observant of you Mike or should I say Michael......

Now each time I talk, look and handle Mishka I will probably be thinking of you

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Hey Antoinette.
I have my Misha at home. He and Peter got back last night. Of course, now I have misplaced Kat who has gone to New England to play in a hockey tourney. She will be back on the 30th and then the whole family will be here for the week leading into the Orthodox Christian holiday. Kat told me how sweet you all were to her. Thanks. Between the storms in Europe and the storms here in states, everybody got caught. Kat managed to get into Hartford, CT on the last flight before they got a blizzard there. Strange. So hope all is well with you and yours!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hey Antoinette.
I have my Misha at home. He and Peter got back last night. Of course, now I have misplaced Kat who has gone to New England to play in a hockey tourney. She will be back on the 30th and then the whole family will be here for the week leading into the Orthodox Christian holiday. Kat told me how sweet you all were to her. Thanks. Between the storms in Europe and the storms here in states, everybody got caught. Kat managed to get into Hartford, CT on the last flight before they got a blizzard there. Strange. So hope all is well with you and yours!

Hey there Barbara LoL I have just pm you, so will keep this short and sweet.
Kat is a darling, she is so sweet, and helpful, it was just like chatting to you.
Glad Misha and Peter are back home as well. Now it's just Kat, who I am sure will arrive back home safely. Boy your family sure does some serious traveling.

Take care

Most Reactions

Latest posts