Will Jojo be fine not getting out of his cage for 4 days?

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
Hi! I'm going on a camping trip and am leaving Jojo, my conure, at home with my mom. I definitely trust her to keep him safe and fed, but she isn't comfortable taking him out by herself. With lots of toys, TV, and my moms company, will Joe make it 4 days in his cage? He usually gets out 4-6 hours a day.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I suspect Jojo will be fine during a 4 day absence. Especially if she gives him one-on-one attention and extra rations of treats. Better to be in a cage if she isn't comfortable handling him outside. Many parronts report their fids react very well to face-timing or Skype sessions!

Be prepared for an interesting welcome upon return. Jojo might be extra clingy for a while, and might have a short-lived period of irritation with you. But if your bond is tight, the likelihood of lasting damage is about nil.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Make sure to tell Jojo that you will be away for 4 FOUR, show him the fingers, days. and do it several times before you leave. Parrots can understand time and if you let him know, he may not be as pissy when you come back. I know If I dont tell Salty, I am sure to get a bite instead of a kiss when I get back

OP
happycat

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
Make sure to tell Jojo that you will be away for 4 FOUR, show him the fingers, days. and do it several times before you leave. Parrots can understand time and if you let him know, he may not be as pissy when you come back. I know If I dont tell Salty, I am sure to get a bite instead of a kiss when I get back

This made me laugh so hard. I'll be sure to tell him!!!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17

I do this with Bumble too, even on a daily basis. “I’ll be home at my usual time,” or late, or really late, or not sure. When I tell her, she always greets me as happily as a puppy. When I’m unexpectedly late, I get a chewing out and several bites to, uh, redirect my bad behavior [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions