Willy starting to accept hubby

beekersmom

Aug 16, 2012
Media
Largo Florida
Parrots
two 'tiels both boys, Punkie 4 and Rocky, 3. A one year old green cheek, male named Beeker (rules the house lol), A Senegal about 9 months named Baby, sex undetermined, and a male blue fronted Amazon
[/ATTACH]Well I just wanted to let you know that my stubborn old Zon still has lots of surprises for us to find. We were told that he absolutly hates men and will not interact with them in fact will attack them if given the chance. Since he has been with us he allowed hubby Bob to reach in the sick cage to replace food with out a fuss only one or two mock charges to see if he would back down. after that he was comfortable with him reaching into the cage. now that he is in the bigger cage Bob is only allowed to hand treats to him, still no touching. Since he has started coming out of the cage Bob started stick training with a clicker and a treat when it was time to go into the cage, as there are times that i am not home to put him back. Brilliant bird that he is he realized after only two times that the stick ment a special treat once he was back inside the cage. So who said you cant teach an old bird new tricks

Attachments

• love being out.jpg
    love being out.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 71
  • good times.jpg
    good times.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 70

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
That is great progress.
If a bird is given time, they will learn and accept changes.
Bet you hubby must be over the moon.
Keep it up !!!!!!!!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What terrific news! You've come SUCH a long way with Willy! Reading this gave me goosebumps! :D

I absolutely love nothing more than happy endings. :)

Most Reactions