Adult making baby bird wing flutters why?

Bird Mann

Sep 27, 2023
Maple Ridge BC
Parrots
I care for and manage a bonded pair of Parrotlets.
My adult male who has a companion, gives me baby bird wing trembles/flutters when he gets his treat. Why? it is baby bird behavior. and he's at least 5 years old. Just like when baby birds are hand fed they do the wing flutter but his is not as exaggerated.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
It is mating season here in the Northern hemisphere, or at least the tail end of it. Pretty strong one too, this year, if Salty is any example. He does that flutter wings when he is feeling particularly horny. Poor thing.

OP
Bird Mann

Bird Mann

Sep 27, 2023
Maple Ridge BC
Parrots
It is mating season here in the Northern hemisphere, or at least the tail end of it. Pretty strong one too, this year, if Salty is any example. He does that flutter wings when he is feeling particularly horny. Poor thing.
I thought it might be a thank you haha, mmm. well he has his girlfriend maybe he wants to cheat too funny:ROFLMAO: We are further North I think the birds are just getting going. I did notice Bun do her come hither hops and croaks to Opie the other day. I managed to find some Harrisons!, It looks just like millet so I' mixed in the seed/reducing the seed ratio as we go along. I see crumbs from it so they are eating it. I also reduced the sugar/fruit it has not been good quality so more peppers instead they will eat every seed in a big bell pepper core.

OP
Bird Mann

Bird Mann

Sep 27, 2023
Maple Ridge BC
Parrots
Opi flies over to my face and wants me to ask him to do a command, Baci, Kiss, Gentle touch, he does all three, then gets a half a sunflower seed, then he makes a little happy chirble sound and his wings flutter like a baby bird while eating it. like he is really happy, When he gets his treat I will say Yum Yum!! and he will go ym ym ym ym in his best yummie voice. it's s super cute oh my. I used to select dogs for certain traits to train, this bird would be one I would pick. He's on it. Instead of a clicker when he does something I want I say Ya! and treat, and he's quick /smart! His mate Bonnie (Bun) has picked up things by watching., but is more reserved and not food driven, she is very toy driven ..balls and her alligators, she showed me that she knows gentle too while we were playing she touched my fingers super gentle - several times, as if she was saying I know gentle too, I wont nip don't worry lets play. she did that this morning :)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Opi flies over to my face and wants me to ask him to do a command, Baci, Kiss, Gentle touch, he does all three, then gets a half a sunflower seed, then he makes a little happy chirble sound and his wings flutter like a baby bird while eating it. like he is really happy, When he gets his treat I will say Yum Yum!! and he will go ym ym ym ym in his best yummie voice. it's s super cute oh my. I used to select dogs for certain traits to train, this bird would be one I would pick. He's on it. Instead of a clicker when he does something I want I say Ya! and treat, and he's quick /smart! His mate Bonnie (Bun) has picked up things by watching., but is more reserved and not food driven, she is very toy driven ..balls and her alligators, she showed me that she knows gentle too while we were playing she touched my fingers super gentle - several times, as if she was saying I know gentle too, I wont nip don't worry lets play. she did that this morning :)
This is so sweet 🥹

Most Reactions

Latest posts