wonderful news!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Well I am bad. For some of you who don't know, I work at this parrot rescue! And me being me I couldn't leave without taking SOMEONE home.... so here in my living room is the sweetest cockatiel named big bird! He is so funny and I have learned that he talks! He said I'm a big bird on the way home! So that is the news! Yay!

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
Ooh so cute he says "I'm a big bird!" Guess he may be boss when he settles in :)

That would totally melt me. Best wishes for you and your new little guy!

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Thank you! He is tweeting up a storm! He seems like he loves life :D

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I see you are resisting the big guys so far:p We have a foster cockatiel right now that is so tempting to keep...he talks and whistles and is a real character. He acted like I was trying to feed him to the sharks when I put him downstairs with all my guys to hang out lol. Apparently, the group was intimidating!

Congrats on the new addition!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Reading about Big Bird reminded me of a rescue tiel I met! I think his name is Tweety, as it sounds like he says "Hi Tweety!", and he loves to serenade you with "Here kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty!" :D He's a hoot!

Hope he settles in well!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww, Congrats! Cockatiels are such sweethearts! 'I'm a big bird' that's so adorable!

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Thanks everyone! I fell in love with a macaw named Maggie!!! But our house isn't ready for a macaw... I wish I could bring them all home haha! Big bird is very spunky and he uses his bell as a hat often! He wants out of the cage but his wings aren't clipped and he will fly around :/ he is not tame so he has some time to get to know us :)

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Poor little guy was in a room full of flashy birds. He was in the corner so may people didn't look at him when they were choosing a bird. I hope he ends up liking it here! :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I think any bird would be happy to join your flock. I know your newest addition will fit right in and enjoy all the attention and good care.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, congratulations on your new addition! And I am positive he is going to be incredibly happy with you:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts