Woohoo!

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I got to scratch her head!!!

In other news, I got a fresh coconut from my mother too. You know huge football looking green one, not the round, brown bowling ball looking one.
(if ya don't know look it up, because I forgot to take a picture of it :p )

anyways after about an hour and a half of work this is what I got, besides sore, dry hands...

what a mess
Picture050.jpg

this thing was the size of my head and this is all I got?!?!
ignore the mess in the background
Picture051-1.jpg

Picture052.jpg

I will let ya all know if she eats it...

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
That looks like fun, i think ill have to get me one or so, that he can shred it to pieces! He loves shredding up news paper, it drives me crazy, cant wait to get his new cage that there can be grid in.

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I thought about doing that my self, but I didn't know if the husk was good for them, had one of those smells that made me unsure (if that makes since). On the other hand once you get the hard green/brown outer shell off it was deff good shredding material. The outter shell was difficult to get through, but on the other hand I didn't have much to work with... could of really used an axe, or chain saw :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I got to scratch her head!!!

Whooooooooooo that is great news :D. What a clever gal she is using a hammer on that coconut. :p I do hope she used the broom to clean up the mess. :D What did she make of it, bet she loved ripping all that to bits.

I got one for Bucc a while ago, and he looked at me with such distaste and wouldn't even look at the thing.

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I put a small chip of it (hard shell too) in her dish, She doesn't like to try new things when I am around, unless of course they are mine to eat. i came back later and it had some nibbles but no major bites. I was thinking might drill some wholes in the shell and string them up for her.
Does anyone know the shelf life of a fresh coconut? :confused:

Most Reactions

Latest posts