I am done mom...

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
So during touch training today, which she is catching on to, she decided that training was at an end and she would rather have the stick than the treat...
little thief...

haha I got it now...
Picture040.jpg

dare ya to try and take it...
Picture038-1.jpg

just going to bring it over here and....
Picture047.jpg

take it apart!!!

Picture049.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
OMG they are beautiful, She is one clever gal. Maybe she didn't really want to take it apart, she was just trying to see if she could get YOU to touch, :p

Are you using the clicker method?

Please keep us informed and let us know how she is doing.:07:

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Well i havn't gotten the clicker yet, so i have been making the click with my mouth... only thing is that I get so excited when she does it that I go "Good bird, good cricket... oh yeah 'click' " silly mommy... well she at least knows when I say touch with a stick in my hand and she happens to touch it, she will get a sunflower seed.

Oh, an update with the floor training stuff. I put her on the floor for the second time and she did the whole hanging my her beak from the bottom of the cage thing (she kind of just swings there for a while... really should take a pic) Well she realized she can't get up with out me so she walks right over to me and stands on my toes with her head cocked up at me like.. "ok mom, I give up" I give her a seed a little love and up she goes.

Question... I still havn't gontten around to getting an outside cage perch, do you think its bad that I let her sit on top of her cage, about 4 inches above my eye level, I don't want to give her mixed ideas about who the boss it.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Question... I still havn't gontten around to getting an outside cage perch, do you think its bad that I let her sit on top of her cage, about 4 inches above my eye level, I don't want to give her mixed ideas about who the boss it.

Yes for the time being keep her below your eye level, The higher she is the more dominant she THINKS she is and as things are going so well at the moment you don't want her thinking she can start running the show again. I would try to get a perch as soon as possible or borrow one from her cage.

Yay on the floor training thing, eventually she is realising that you are one good kind mom to get her up to her cage, even if she has done just what WE wanted. :D

Clicking with the tongue is just as good as the clicker, she now realised that if she touches the stick she is getting a yummy sunflower seed. (Even if Mom forgets to click fist. :18: ) Brilliant news, keep us updated

Most Reactions

Latest posts