Worried about poop freq?

sofiaee

Jul 19, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC Oliver (October 2009), and a Cinnamon GCC Mia (August 2013)
So I guess I'm just used to how often Oliver poops, it's not too often and it's a normal amount. However Mia poops a small amount fairly often. I thought at first it was from nervous-ness of being in a new area. She is more confident now days but probably still not quite as comfortable as Oliver is in their surroundings yet. I just want to make sure this isn't a health issue, does anyone have any insight?

Btw, the coloration and everything looks very normal it's just usually a small amount very often. It's kind of annoying because even though it's less it makes me have to clean more often :p

Thanks guys!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I got the same with my two conures! Charlie is over twice the size of Jayde, but Jayde is a little poop machine! :D Even my little birds don't go as often as she does! I was actually rather surprised about it, too!

But she eats well and is healthy, so I'm not really concerned about it. :)

OP
S

sofiaee

Jul 19, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC Oliver (October 2009), and a Cinnamon GCC Mia (August 2013)
Okay good! Thanks Monica!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Welcome!

At least with Charlie, he's a slow pooper, so it's easy to pick him up when he needs to go and move him off of me so that he doesn't poo on me.... but Jayde? No way in chance! She poops fast, so fast I don't even recognize the fact she's already gone poop! LOL

Charlie is typically pretty laid back and easy going... compared to Jayde who's a nervous nelly and is not very confident to explore on her own. So in that way, they are also like Oliver and Mia. I think that even if she does settle in and get more comfortable, she'll still go frequently.

She's the youngest conure I've ever had though, at 3 years old (almost 4), since Noel and Charlie were both over 10 years old when I got them! So I can't say if it's an age thing or not.

Most Reactions

Latest posts