Worried on Baby Conure new behaviour?

katykat1276

Mar 29, 2017
Parrots
Pineapple Conure
Cockatoo
SO i have a new baby conure, they are 6-7 weeks currently ((i DO have prior expirence with baby birds but have not seen what hes doing before)) So today i went to go hand feed him, and once i did so i cleaned his area as i usually do. Placed him back in and all seemed normal. so i sit down im doing my thing and suddenly he becomes mad and starts biting everything in there, so i go to see what his u=issue is and the moment i open the door he screams at me and bites his wing. i can understand the being mad and screaming but he bit his own wing?? im worried and cleared the rest of my day and most of tommorow to watch him if he does it again.. am i just being a over worried mama or should i bring him to the vet?? i have one near by thats a short drive i could run him too.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
SO i have a new baby conure, they are 6-7 weeks currently ((i DO have prior expirence with baby birds but have not seen what hes doing before)) So today i went to go hand feed him, and once i did so i cleaned his area as i usually do. Placed him back in and all seemed normal. so i sit down im doing my thing and suddenly he becomes mad and starts biting everything in there, so i go to see what his u=issue is and the moment i open the door he screams at me and bites his wing. i can understand the being mad and screaming but he bit his own wing?? im worried and cleared the rest of my day and most of tommorow to watch him if he does it again.. am i just being a over worried mama or should i bring him to the vet?? i have one near by thats a short drive i could run him too.

With hope one of the Breeders 'may' come by to provide some possible explanation as to what you are seeing.

At this point, I would plan for the trip to the Vet's office. This could be any number of things from a burnt Crop, an impacted Crop, to an infection, to just being mad at the World.

I would plan to arrive just as they open and beg to see the Vet.

OP
K

katykat1276

Mar 29, 2017
Parrots
Pineapple Conure
Cockatoo

With hope one of the Breeders 'may' come by to provide some possible explanation as to what you are seeing.

At this point, I would plan for the trip to the Vet's office. This could be any number of things from a burnt Crop, an impacted Crop, to an infection, to just being mad at the World.

I would plan to arrive just as they open and beg to see the Vet.

Oh no, I think I might see if he does it again after the morning feeding, if not then the noon one, basically if he does it again ill bring him just to see if maybe he was just being mad. Although I will have to go after my classes as there's no way I can miss any more, if I do im gonna get kicked out >~< I can have it arranged where he in picked up before me and can bring him there then. The most likely out of things to be wrong besides being mad at the world is an infection, as I dont see any way he crop would be burnt and it as been emptying fine. But ill bring him; better safe im sorry. Thanks for helping, I just needed clarification that this diddnt seem as a normal behavior within Conures, as silly as they may be.

Most Reactions

Latest posts