Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Poor Kyo :(. I'm so glad she'll be okay. She'll be back to her old self in no time I'm sure!

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
I am so glad to hear she is okay! She's lucky to have you.

You can try giving the metacam on a favorite food or putting a drop on your finger for Kyo to lick off. It tastes like honey - my conure goes crazy for it. Long ago when he needed it, he actually got mad when his dosage ended! He pouted for days!

I hope you can relax and sleep easy tonight knowing she is safe. Many healing vibes to your little girl!

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I am so glad to hear she is okay! She's lucky to have you.

You can try giving the metacam on a favorite food or putting a drop on your finger for Kyo to lick off. It tastes like honey - my conure goes crazy for it. Long ago when he needed it, he actually got mad when his dosage ended! He pouted for days!

I hope you can relax and sleep easy tonight knowing she is safe. Many healing vibes to your little girl!

I "drugged" an almond with it... But the look of betrayal on her little face when she took a bite could have killed me if looks could kill... She does not like the "honey" taste at all.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
So glad to hear all is well and that you are managing to get her to take the meds ...Kyo was very lucky to have such a wonderful mum taking care of her.

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
I've had to give meds before and mixing it into a tiny bit of peanut butter (no salt or added sugar or sweetener!) works like a charm, especially if they don't take it any other way. Even a pea-sized amount of peanut butter is enough for them to go gaga.

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
She is a weirdo and doesn't like peanut butter! I'm going to try putting it on some banana today to see if that's easier.

JellyBean

May 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure called JellyBean
OMG I just read this thread today and I had tears in my eyes wanting for little Kyo to be okay... so glad that she is!!!!! You poor thing.. must have been so stressful!!! Your baby is so lucky to have you.... Cant believe she doesn't like peanut butter! Lol..

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Yay! Great news. I'm happy to hear 'someone' is feeling better :D! What a little character Kyo is!

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
So glad your bird is okay! Very recently I was walking outside in front of Office Depot and suddenly this little black bird flew right into the window and fell to the ground onto its back... it was a fatal blow and make a loud thump!!!... the little bird was dead :(

I waited and waited for it to come to life hoping it was just in shock/unconscious but it never did. That ruined my whole day. Felt so bad.

I have beautiful palm tree stencils on my windows... they are very pretty and make sure my tiel doesn't fly into the windows. They can easily be peeled off and re-applied if needed :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Sarah, I'm just seeing this for the first time. I'm sorry you and Kyo had such an awful experience. Kyo's lucky to have you and you're both fortunate to have such a good vet so close. Glad to hear your baby is better, it was a relief to see the adorable video.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so glad that Kyo is feeling better! Loved that video:)

Most Reactions