Wow..4 out of 5

keepsmiling

Jun 21, 2012
LOL..I just realized that only one of my flock has a species section on this forum, my red fronted macaw. My 4 other birds are just that...."others"..:09:

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
:pI know you best friend!!!! Share your pics!!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Awesome! The place we got Sugar at had a Hawkhead, called Rue. She as a funny little bugger. She always wanted to bite Hubs, but yet she liked to play with him, it was strange but funny.

OP
keepsmiling

keepsmiling

Jun 21, 2012
Here are the 'others..'
Green Aracari-female

newjewelsfeb132012004.jpg

newjewelsvidandpics010.jpg

jewelsbath009.jpg

Blue Naped Mousebird-male
newstuff023-1.jpg

newstuff027.jpg

firstt4worder009-1.jpg

afterbath6.jpg

American Singer Canary-male
62511kismet.jpg

kismet101610.jpg

kismet32710.jpg

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Keepsmiling is my BFF! A while back I posted vids of her mousebird Gryphon. :)

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
Wow..very cool looking birds!!

LauraT

Jun 17, 2012
Parrots
Baxter - Senegal, Reilly - Blue Crown Conure, Robinson - Red Bellied Parrot
What a gorgeous family! All so unusual, can you tell us a little about them?

OP
keepsmiling

keepsmiling

Jun 21, 2012
Thank you! Sure, what would you like to know?
My dog Heartly{he has a big black heart on one side} found Kismet in our backyard, in 40 degree weather. I posted an ad for finding a small bird, and a woman actually replied and told me she turned him loose because she couldn't care for him anymore. My dog was barking and barking at him. Probably trying to figure out why this one would not fly away. Kismet was exhausted. I do not think he had ever flown up to that point.
Cochise I found on an ad website at a very very reasonable price. The guy was a bit nutty though, and a quick conversation told me if I did not handle this right I would never get him. Something told me in his sad photos "please come save me"
It was horrible when I got there...save for the gory details, I will just say he was better off with me than where he was. It took over a year to win his trust and he blossomed into my sweet little friend.
Gryphon is sweet, and very smart. Smarter than you would expect a small bird to be. He and Jewels both share about the same dietary needs. Fresh fruits and low iron pellets. Some softbills can suffer from iron storage disease, or hemachromatosis, if not fed properly. Not a bird you can just fill a bowl up and go away for the day, they need at least two feedings of fresh fruits daily.
I got Jewels from the same person who had Gryphon, who has become a very good friend. Anyone who knows cockatiels, would know her. Srtiels[Susanne} from Ft. Lauderdale. It turned out she was having an allergic reaction to having Jewels indoors, so she offered her to me. She is very sweet and cool, and has a purring sound. If you look, I have videos of all of them on my youtube, if you ever have time.

Last edited:

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
They are so pretty! Love the hawkhead, years ago when I started researching birds I was sure that I wanted one! I still do, but then I want one of everything. Alas :( I must remember my limits.

Look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing their storys!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Love all the photos!! They are so amazing! You have rabbits, a dog, and fancy goldies too, my tank is 80 gallons though....I think we are long lost twins!!!

OP
keepsmiling

keepsmiling

Jun 21, 2012
Thank you Safira and Lintini.:) LOL on the twins! Critters are my family...+ one very tolerant hubby.:rolleyes:

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
they are all very beautiful

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
Keep smiling, Your killing me. Your green acarai and hawkhead are my two dream birds at this point. Macaw, hawkhead, toucanet........sounds like a dream. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts