4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
hence the name of the website, we talk about parrots ALOT but there is one other domestic bird that im proud of.. CHICKENS i LOVE THEM my house has 4 and we can't get enough of them! ours is named mary, cutie,(my brother was never the best and picking names)olive, and octavia. Marys my chicken and as sweet as Pie! pretty much as soon as we got them we figured out why theres the thrase "chicken". Sadlly I once had 1 other Chicken named Carrie but the hucksy next door high jumped over the fence and ate her and one other.

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
hence the name of the website, we talk about parrots ALOT but there is one other domestic bird that im proud of.. CHICKENS i LOVE THEM my house has 4 and we can't get enough of them! ours is named mary, cutie,(my brother was never the best and picking names)olive, and octavia. Marys my chicken and as sweet as Pie! pretty much as soon as we got them we figured out why theres the thrase "chicken". Sadlly I once had 1 other Chicken named Carrie but the hucksy next door high jumped over the fence and ate her and one other.
ooh, I used to have chickens! I had many in the past, most of them decided to stay at my neighbour's houses and some of them were hunted. But from having them for so long, I know a lot about them! do you have pictures of your lil chickos?

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
My computer only works in selfie mode so its hard to get photos of them

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I love chickens, too! I have about fifty of them free/ranging on our farm. I like your chickens’ names 😊. Here’s a picture of Tundra, a bantam rooster hatched and raised on our farm. 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    634.6 KB · Views: 13

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Chickens? There's a ridiculous number of chickens at my place :giggle:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I'm tempted to get a few chickens but I would probably feel sorry for them in the winter and bring them indoors. Last thing I need is chickens running around my little house! The really are so darn cute!

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
I'm tempted to get a few chickens but I would probably feel sorry for them in the winter and bring them indoors. Last thing I need is chickens running around my little house! The really are so darn cute!
Our chickens did perfect last year in the freezing cold and the only thing they didn't like was their first year with snow chicken nuggets(cold feet)

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Chickens? There's a ridiculous number of chickens at my place :giggle:

I love your little mille fleur d’uccle!!! I have a booted bantam who is the same color pattern. So stunning ❤️
we only have barred rocks, road island reds, and 2 olive eggers

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
never mind wrong person 😖 😚🐔🐤🐣🐥
It’s okay 😅. By the way, I love Barred Rocks! I have two of them, three Rhode Island Reds, and a bunch of Easter Eggers ( similar to Olive Eggers). Those are all great breeds of chickens!

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
Oh, I just LOVE chickens! Hoomans just think their… food. BUT ( always that but) if you had/have chickens for a long time, you can find them….. intelligent! Not lying! I had a chicken, sweet potato, I called her that because she loves to eat them. (And I’m not that good at names)
Pics:
IMG_3494.jpeg
When she was about 3 months old
IMG_3697.jpeg
Her first egg ❤️
IMG_3802.jpeg
Adult

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
Oh, I just LOVE chickens! Hoomans just think their… food. BUT ( always that but) if you had/have chickens for a long time, you can find them….. intelligent! Not lying! I had a chicken, sweet potato, I called her that because she loves to eat them. (And I’m not that good at names)
Pics:View attachment 55603When she was about 3 months oldView attachment 55604Her first egg ❤️View attachment 55605Adult
Edit: she goes out every day to a park. Everyone knows her :)

OP
4 way borbs

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Once my dog walked over to the chicken coop and Fruity[Rip fruity] walked over and pecked his eye(he's was ok) and they were only 1 months old

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Pics:View attachment 55603When she was about 3 months oldView attachment 55604Her first egg ❤️View attachment 55605Adult
Yes! Chickens really aren’t so dumb! Of course, like with any animal, the more time and effort you put into them the “ smarter” they become! I had a hen named Cookie that I started training as a chick and she knew how to shake hands and come when called. I could even lure her along a little obstacle course.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
I love your little mille fleur d’uccle!!! I have a booted bantam who is the same color pattern. So stunning ❤️
Thank you! Her name is Scrambles. She's such a funny little chicken. She screams as loud (if not louder) than the roosters, and when she and my other bantams still had access to the bigger chickens (I've since sectioned off their part of the yard) she liked to pick fights with the bigger chickens. She has challenged the big rooster (who's about 10X her size) to fights. 😂

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Thank you! Her name is Scrambles. She's such a funny little chicken. She screams as loud (if not louder) than the roosters, and when she and my other bantams still had access to the bigger chickens (I've since sectioned off their part of the yard) she liked to pick fights with the bigger chickens. She has challenged the big rooster (who's about 10X her size) to fights. 😂
😂 bantams in general seem to have about 10x the personality of big chickens! 😂

Most Reactions