Yay!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah a great site for names is this one, I'm already looking for names for my baby.

http://www.namesite.com/

The tail is only really effective after the first moult, but the lightness of colour is a good indication of her being female.

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok... now you have me asking...
When is the first moult and how often is it?

Her tail feathers are a little messed up, I would call it cage tail, a term we use when showing chickens, when they have been placed in a space thats too small for them. She is in a huge room where she is free to fly around.
Some of the feathers are bent and they all are slightly discolored (more of an orange-red) at least compaired to the "shop" bird thats a couple years old. She is a very pale grey compared to him.....
Guess it would help if I had pictures of her. (don't worry you will soon get them)

Peta: thanks for the site, it has a couple I might use. I also like the fact that the name will have some meaning to it.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
28th.jpg

This is Bucc the day after we brought him home, you can see that his tail is inda "frayed" and it was a bit scruffy, it was also a very different red, kinda darker than it is now.

The moult is usually when they are around a year or so old, although Bucc had a mild one quite early.

It does sound as though your little one is a she, when we get pics it might be earsier to tell........................... Maybe but male/female they are all wonderful and real characters, I'm sure your gonna have a lot of fun.

Don't forget to let us know the name and I'll change it on the Hatch day List. :D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I can't think of a name for her.... *sigh*
How did you guys come up with names for your babies?
Did it have meaning to it or did you simple picked out somthing you liked?

Ok people, let the fun stories roll in.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
well Misty was a cinnomanish color so she just looked like a misty and Sydney is in honor of steve and australia and i like the same and it will work for a girl or boy

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Bucc was named after a beautiful Ringneck we once had. Next baby will be named from the link and it will be just one that I like and has some lovely meaning. Will probably end up with about 5 or 6 in which case I'll put the names in a hat and draw one out. :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Got Kodie from "brother bear's" Koda- the little bear. Changed it a little so he can say it easier. Altough i see many a eckie owners bird name is Kody or Cody. Well, i like it anyway, loved the movie too!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts