Yoshi sounds.. "wooo!!"

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
The only sound of his I have on video.. pardon the quality, its from my phone, and I didn't want to stand up and possibly make him nervous about making the sound again! I kept the music low in the background as he usually doesn't make sound without background noise hah.

[ame="http://youtu.be/ao57vFUurAo"]Feb 27, 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know how to get the video itself on my thread instead of the link.. so enjoy! Hehe.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Lol that's cute! Sounds like he is having fun or at least really impressed by something. :)

I think it's adorable! I'm not sure what triggers certain sounds of his.. but I've heard probably 5-6 different sounds between yesterday morning and today. It's only day 4 of him being here so I'm sure he's got tons more waiting to come out over time!

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Aleta - Pineapple GCC (Hatch date July 2 2013), Fry & Sprite - Budgies
Oh that's so fun! Always a surprise in the waiting!

Aleta's first night with us, I almost fell over from shock when she shouted "good night" to me when I shut off the light. I kept hoping for more than that, but no such luck. She barely says it (only in the right conditions) but she is really good at the noises - kissing, smootches, etc. So fun.

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
He's probably using echo location to navigate his way around that giant cage! I think it's fascinating how birds want to interact with us.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
He's probably using echo location to navigate his way around that giant cage! I think it's fascinating how birds want to interact with us.

Haha he spends more time out of it than he does inside it anyway! Hopefully I can make it more entertaining sometime next week with some more toys and treats he likes. :)
Call me tacky but I get really excited when he does back and forth sounds with me, even if I'm copying him rather than vice versa.. hah. I'm sure he thinks he has me "trained" pretty well after only 4 days!
It makes me feel like he's getting comfy with me, yknow? Like.. he's not just hiding and sulking, but he's seeking my attention and responses. His noises definitely change depending on whether I respond or not hah! He sounds more disgruntled and a bit louder if I don't respond for a bit.. haha.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
He sounds adorable!
And I also copy my guys, they must also feel like my training is going well:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Lol! He's got that Ric Flair thing going on! "Whooooo!" Ha!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Very cute! Looks like he is settling in. Keep those noises going back and forth between you and also start saying something you would like him to say back. All of mine say "Kisses for momma?" and then make lots of loud kissing sounds.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Very cute! Looks like he is settling in. Keep those noises going back and forth between you and also start saying something you would like him to say back. All of mine say "Kisses for momma?" and then make lots of loud kissing sounds.

Haha yeah I've started saying a couple words/phrases depending on the sounds he makes. Some sounds I'll reply with "hello~" Or a sort of laugh, and other times I say "Yoshi's a pretty boy."

I had a 'tiel a few years ago who would say "Pretty bird... pretty pretty bird.. BIG bird!"
Hehe :)

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
How adorable! The other day I kept hearing a small dog yapping on and on and thought who brought a dog in the house (I love dogs by the way...but mine is big and not yappy!) and to my surprise Oliver (my male Eclectus) was barking. It turns out the neighbors bought a new little dog who loves to bark nonstop. So if I don't hear their doggy I hear my Oliver. Too funny!

Most Reactions

Latest posts