2:1 ratio

johnbonce

Nov 16, 2013
Just wondering what ratio of males to females is the best option?more males or more females?
cheers

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Just wondering what ratio of males to females is the best option?more males or more females?
cheers

I guess the answer to that question would depend on whether you are a male or a female of the species... or if you were gay or straight.

:11:

:D

Could you be more specific?!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
FEMALE ECKIES are the dominant of the pair. If that is what you are asking. In the wild they are "serviced" by multiple males.

In captivity I don't know. I don't breed.

But I do know that there is significanly more to breeding eckies than just sticking a bunch of birds together in an enclosure.

OP
J

johnbonce

Nov 16, 2013
Well ive currently got 1 male 1 female but im wanting to build a larger collection so I was wondering would it be better to introduce another male or female next?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I would guess male.

Females establish the nests.

Males do what they are told. And if they are obedient boys, and make her happy, they get to breed...

But then again, I don't breed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts