A good update!! :D

Tapew0rrm

Nov 9, 2022
Lincolnshire
Parrots
Black Capped Conure
Hello!!!!!! Me and my feral little gremlin (affectionate) again <3
I thought I would update you guys on a few things, since you guys have been so helpful to me <3
So!! Firstly, Arrow still isn't really feeling comfortable with me which is understandable..I mean, from my side I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable around him, biting and all, the little lad literally almost took my nail off with a vicious bite the other day, haha. But, I've been doing a lot better on learning his vocal tones and when he wants to be alone, or if he wants snacks. Dooont think he's got the memo on making it obvious when he wants attention though, but that's alright. We'll get there. He isn't a big fan of when I draw though, I think it takes too much of our hang out time together away because I get so into it I forget to talk to him, haha.
I've been taking it nice and slow, sitting outside his cage while he's inside it for 20 mins every so often then letting him come to me when he's out his cage. He's taken a shine to sitting on my laptop when he wants to be around me but does not want me to interact with him, and when he does want my attention, he sits on a diy stand near his cage and stares at me until I go over and chill with him. I'm honestly feeling a lot more confident that I can do this, and that he doesn't completely hate me, but I'm still having a few moments of dread when I first wake up because it really hurts to see him so upset when I'm changing his food/water bowl, or even just opening the cage door. I wish I could explain in a way that he understood that I'm bringing it back when I clean his bowls and he didn't have to be so afraid :(

His new cage got here today!! I'll attach a picture :) It's a little barren right now given I currently I only have the toys that he came with + what was in his old cage which are all pretty small, so I certainly need to find him some better toys! I'll have to search through the forum to find suggestions ;)
I also,,,really need some new, bigger perches because I'm a little too small to reach the back of the cage and attach any to it. xD If any of you guys have suggestions for either, I'd appreciate it! :D
Not really sure what to do with his old cage now though since it doesn't have much of a use. Maybe a travel cage if we ever go anywhere? Not sure on that yet. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Currently I'm leaving it in the room and using it as a extra bit of space for him since he really likes to fly over the two. Might add a few toys on it for him to continue using it for something.
So, yeah, everything is going pretty okay so far! Arrow is doing great, still a little grumpy but not that bad. And I'm doing pretty great too! Just doing my best to take care of my feathered little son. :)

How are you all doing? I would absolutely love to hear any updates about your own babies (or even yourself!), everyone is so friendly here I really like hearing whats going on in you guy's lives.

Attachments

• 20221115_112011.jpg
    20221115_112011.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 50

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Nice BIG cage there! Might take him awhile to warm up to it, but bigger is def better when it comes to cages.

OP
Tapew0rrm

Tapew0rrm

Nov 9, 2022
Lincolnshire
Parrots
Black Capped Conure
Nice BIG cage there! Might take him awhile to warm up to it, but bigger is def better when it comes to cages.

He's actually quite the anomaly apparently, he rushed to the cage the second I'd opened his old cage and was relaxed in it pretty much immediately. My little gremlin has way more confidence then I do, haha.

Most Reactions

Latest posts