LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
That's so very sad, Roz. I guess maybe they are a problem for agriculture if the flocks are big enough. Poor birdies, it's not their fault :(

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
That's so very sad, Roz. I guess maybe they are a problem for agriculture if the flocks are big enough. Poor birdies, it's not their fault :(

I know a bit less about QP's, but with IRN's there's a BIG problem of competition with native birds about nest hollows - believe, they are able to throw away native baby chicks and then they occupy hollows to grow own babies - they may cause decline of some native birds population.
Sure, there's probably a problem with agriculture too. QP's make SO BIG nests and it's also a problem...

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
plum headed parakeet
plum headed parakeet.png

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Beautiful, Roz! I love the plumheads though we don't see them much here in Oz. I think we saw some at a zoo once but not so commonly kept as pets - a bit more common as aviary specimens I think.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thank you :)
Personally I've seen them only in a bad place called as "papugarnia" here... sometimes I use own pics to create this mini-encyclopedia, but I promised myself to not put there any pics from "papugarnia", so didn't use...
Here's one on my hand:
20170701_112907.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Yeah, pretty sure it is
Thanks, I think so, but I was a bit confused cos some other red bellied turquoise parrots have much more red, but maybe it just depends on a bird. + I'm a bit sleepy, so I can make more mistakes 😛

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
You know I'm pretty sketchy on mutations, Roz, but that is a very beautiful birdie. Thanks for sharing the pic! :)
it's not mine - it's from Wikipedia 😛 On Polish version this picture is set as a "main" one, while normally all "main" photos are standard birds (no mutation). But in this case definitely it is a mutation

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well Roz, Wiki or not, it's a beautiful pic and i haven't seen one like it before. Such vibrant colour!:)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I've just gotten an idea - maybe like under each species I add links to different sites (I don't always post them here), maybe I should do the same with type categories? And that would be more about parrot care? But I mean general info, not articles about one species.
PS I forgot - and I still lack behavioral info about species from "others" category - I don't know yet where to put it cos it's the most diverse category

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Looks awesome, Rozz! Just a couple of typos - you want "crested", not "creasted", and "Titron" should be "Triton" instead. But Rozzy, once again, I love your work! :love:

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Looks awesome, Rozz! Just a couple of typos - you want "crested", not "creasted", and "Titron" should be "Triton" instead. But Rozzy, once again, I love your work! :love:
thanks, lol, I didn't notice it and have to change it 😭

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thanks

Oh no!! I corrected, posted on FB, noticed another typo (subspecies), deleted and now I have to rewrite the post!! I don't like making so serious mistakes....
1643662984946.png

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanks

Oh no!! I corrected, posted on FB, noticed another typo (subspecies), deleted and now I have to rewrite the post!! I don't like making so serious mistakes....
View attachment 35214
Ooops! Sorry, but I didn't spot that one either, Rozzy!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts