Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
(If you are a newbie who was redirected here, don't worry, I understand that you could not realize what are the rules)

I'm not sure if it's a good idea but I had a weird dream which brought me a game idea....

I have no idea why I decided to waste my time on it but the rules are easy - just choose 3 parrot species marked in black (see the link below) and ask the next player what they like more.
Example:
Player 1: Sulphur-crested cockatoo, galah or cockatiel?
Player 2: cockatiel
Congo African grey parrot, blue and gold macaw or green-winged macaw?
Player 1 or 3: Blue and gold macaw
Hyacinth macaw, green cheeked conure or sun conure?
etc.

The chosen species will be marked by me as green and the other two - as red. After all the species will be marked as green or red, I will delete all red ones and remark the green ones as black. This will be as next level. If the game will be continued, at the end only one species stays and this would be the winner (because there are over 300 parrot species, this won't be finished quickly, if it will be - I understand that the game may become abandoned)
Here's the link to the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...s4Kp5njvHk4/edit?pli=1#heading=h.m2cageo2a5ky (if it doesn't work, let me know, I think you should be using anonymous)
Because of over 300 species, I did headlines - the names on the left will redirect you to the beginning of the chosen category (I was trying to add the most known parrot kinds next to Latin names so I hope it will help if you'd like to search eg. what macaw species are left)
Ps. I was copying and pasting a lot, if you see a blue name (most are blue), it means the same as black - I just decided to leave the links to Wikipedia (I was copying from there, lol) because maybe this is easier

Specific cases:
- if you see that 4 species are left, it's up to you - either choose 2 of them or all 4
- if you see that you ask the last question on the level, note it. The next person who answer may either choose next three species (which will be in green) or wait for me for modification
- "too many people playing rn" - I know from other games that sometimes two persons post at once. The best would be if the second person would delete their post (because the first one was first) but if for some reasons people decide to continue with the second post, it's fine too. In more complicated cases I will decide what to do
- mistakes (eg. somebody mentions not available species) - it's just a game, you can answer the question and just continue it, you don't have to correct it. I just won't do any change in the doc (I will skip this question and answer)

Ps. Also, keep on mind species from the last posts to not repeat any - I will be updating the list regularly but I'm just a human too and I sometimes have a habit of disappearing for few days - in such case the list may not be updated for few days, so you may look at the last posts if something wasn't "taken" recently and still is as black/blue on the list (or just players decided to be very active while I'm busy with irl stuff, I don't have to be absent few days)

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I decided to do the doc and I wrote the rules in the first post. Now I think it was a stupid idea and waste of time but let's see what will happen... People may start choosing only known species and then only unknown ones will stay and the game may stop then because people don't know them (on another hand maybe some people will want to learn about them, so this game has a bit of education:p)

I'll begin:

Kea, New Zealand kaka or Norfolk kaka?

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
I decided to do the doc and I wrote the rules in the first post. Now I think it was a stupid idea and waste of time but let's see what will happen... People may start choosing only known species and then only unknown ones will stay and the game may stop then because people don't know them (on another hand maybe some people will want to learn about them, so this game has a bit of education:p)

I'll begin:

Kea, New Zealand kaka or Norfolk kaka?
Norfolk kaka

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I'll go with galah - it was my first thought and the more I think, I can't decide....

Yellow-tailed, Carnaby's or Baudin's black cockatoo?

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
I'll go with galah - it was my first thought and the more I think, I can't decide....

Yellow-tailed, Carnaby's or Baudin's black cockatoo?
Yellow tailed. Sun, green cheeked or golden conure?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Why did you do this to me? I'm choosing golden conure but I feel bad for eliminating Zenek's species...

Jardine's, yellow-fronted or uncape parrot?

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Why did you do this to me? I'm choosing golden conure but I feel bad for eliminating Zenek's species...

Jardine's, yellow-fronted or uncape parrot?
I choose Jardine’s. Blue and golden, hyacinth or scarlet macaw?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Hyacinth macaw

Blue-throated, military or Buffon's macaw?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Superb parrot

Blue-headed, Illiger's or golden-collared macaw?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
long-billed corella

Mexican green, Pacific or Socorro conure?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Nanday conure

Sulphur-breasted, jandaya or golden-capped conure?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
@Rozalka, I have to say I'm VERY disappointed you didn't pick princess parrot!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Jendaya conure

Suphur-crested, citron-crested or yellow crested cockatoo?
Citron crested cockatoo

Hahn's macaw, Emma's conure or purple crowned lorikeet ;)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
@Rozalka, I have to say I'm VERY disappointed you didn't pick princess parrot!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Citron crested cockatoo

Hahn's macaw, Emma's conure or purple crowned lorikeet ;)
Purple crowned lorikeet! (I'm so sorry, I forgot about Peaches existence and for some weird reason I have a sympathy to Barraband's parrots😭)

Cape, Meyer's or Rupell's parrot?

Most Reactions

Latest posts