May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
B&G macaw:
1643829625899.png

Btw I dunno - is it better to write "about" or "around"? Or it doesn't matter?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Because I often do silly mistakes and after posting it on fb, I have to delete the post and post again, I decided that I will be posting the English version here first.
Tomorrow I'll create a new category - parrotlets. Here's the general description:
They are the smallest pet parrots. The smallest parrots (in general) are pygmy parrots but they aren't kept in captivity.
Parrotlets are social, easy to tame. They may mimic sounds. But - they also are aggressive.

Note: if you disagree with something or you wanna add something, you can write. I don't have any experience with parrotlets.

And the first species in this category:
1645128676595.png

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Because I often do silly mistakes and after posting it on fb, I have to delete the post and post again, I decided that I will be posting the English version here first.
Tomorrow I'll create a new category - parrotlets. Here's the general description:
They are the smallest pet parrots. The smallest parrots (in general) are pygmy parrots but they aren't kept in captivity.
Parrotlets are social, easy to tame. They may mimic sounds. But - they also are aggressive.

Note: if you disagree with something or you wanna add something, you can write. I don't have any experience with parrotlets.

View attachment 35913
Great work! Cricket approves!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

View attachment 35913
Sorry I missed this one earlier Rozz, we were out of town overnight last night. Gorgeous work as always!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
you don't have to apologize for such thing :)
Thank you :)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thank you :)
Love this work!! I think you can get a better pic of an alexandrine though…maybe a member can contribute one of their stunning pics?
Usually I use pictures from the Internet, sometimes I make exceptions like this and I use own. But if somebody wants to share own pic - now, I post here one day before on Facebook, so it's still time until tomorrow. I can change it yet:)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Probably I gave up it. I've been thinking about another mini "project" instead of it, but I doubt I will be doing anything.
At least I won't be doing anything next few weeks because I'm busy with non-parrot related things.

D

Deleted member 42416

Probably I gave up it. I've been thinking about another mini "project" instead of it, but I doubt I will be doing anything.
At least I won't be doing anything next few weeks because I'm busy with non-parrot related things.
Are you ok over there in Poland? How are things with the Ukrainian refugees?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Are you ok over there in Poland? How are things with the Ukrainian refugees?
Yeah, don't worry the reason isn't war-related either. We have more and more Ukrainians, I've heard that somewhere trains were full of them. But personally I haven't met any (not including my friend - she had moved to Poland before the war started). We have a lot of collection points (if I write correctly, can't remind how it's called in English) for Ukrainians, we've helped a bit too

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Scary times in Europe right now Roz, things happening that we had hoped we would never have to see again. You are very much in my thoughts, my friend, and I hope that remembering how much this little community loves you will help you just a little in these dark times. Love you, Rozzy!! ❤️

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Just to remind: my rejection has nothing common with the situation.
If you wonder why: I am just busy studying and in my free time I write a story. That's all.

The only thing which may scares me (not including worrying about Ukrainians) is if the war is gonna to spread to other countries. But so far it doesn't look so because it's the first time in the history when so many countries are against the war and many of us stay with Ukraine. Also I often hear how NATO planes fly here protecting if no Russian plane accidentally crossed the border
But thank you for thinking about me :)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Nothing is confirmed yet. What do you think about such imagines instead of photos?
f758ba70-20d9-4bab-8dc6-0c84ecdac60d.png

I'm not sure yet how the new version of mini-encyclopedia would like if I will be doing it.
So far ideas:
- mutation photos would stay. Only the main picture would be replaced with such drawing
- all drawings would be in similar poses. There would be few poses , each one would be for parrots with similar body shape (prob beak and tail will be the main deciding things)
- adding sexual dimorphism info

Edit: Oh no, I forgot about the second wing. Maybe I'll update it later but I'm not sure if it is really necessary. Also the male is during progress.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Lovely image Rozzy! You always seem to capture their eyes so well. Adds your own personal touch to your work too :)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lovely image Rozzy! You always seem to capture their eyes so well. Adds your own personal touch to your work too :)
thank you Martina :)
So far ideas:
- mutation photos would stay. Only the main picture would be replaced with such drawing
- all drawings would be in similar poses. There would be few poses , each one would be for parrots with similar body shape (prob beak and tail will be the main deciding things)
- adding sexual dimorphism info
Other ideas:
- Parrots from "others" category would have extra info: behavior and diet (because I think that other categories may have one common description - I think that all macaws or conures are similar and known-to-me differences are included such as bigger conures are louder than smaller ones)
- prob I would be doing also mutation images but it wouldn't be species encyclopedia part. I'm not sure yet how I will be updating yet.

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
It's unfinished yet. It's just to show how it would like
1656259933173.png

Also, I have sad news. It looks like Parrot Encyclopedia by World Parrot Trust doesn't work any longer. It means that with "new" species I may have problems in finding some data which always were available on that site. Now I will have to look for information on others sites. I'm not sure if I will be able to find them all for each species - prob not! So, the new species may be challenging now.
Oops, I've just noticed - of course today it's 6.26.2022 not 6.36.2022 :ROFLMAO:

Another thought: What about the background? Do you think it's better to make the same as before? Or more colors? Or maybe the background wouldn't be the same for all parrot types?

Edit: Or maybe let's delete some unncesary information? Eg breeding season? It may be very hard to find for "new" species. I can also try with Archiveweb but there's no guarantee that each species is archived.

Edit2: I'll give up it. Too many things to think

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts