A sweet little birdie called Lovejoy 💖

Oh @kme3388, I'm sorry the Aussies your parents encountered were so rude!! They couldn't have been in Queensland, folks are MUCH nicer up here! Just make sure you come to Queensland when you visit, won't you? Oh and visit New Zealand too while you're in the vicinity. Beautiful people, awesome scenery, fantastic food and wine and lots of exotic birds there too, you'd LOVE it!!
You are 100% correct. They were in Queensland. They were in a Carnival cruise. They said when they arrived in New Zealand it was much more what they were used to. It wasn’t a bad experience. They were just not used to how blunt things are.

You are 100% correct. They were in Queensland. They were in a Carnival cruise. They said when they arrived in New Zealand it was much more what they were used to. It wasn’t a bad experience. They were just not used to how blunt things are.
I can only apologise for that disgraceful behaviour, @kme3388, but I'm glad they didn't let the rudeness of a few ruin their holiday!

I can only apologise for that disgraceful behaviour, @kme3388, but I'm glad they didn't let the rudeness of a few ruin their holiday!
They wanted to see the koalas, and the kangaroos. They were told they are inland, and it’s rare to see a koala. My parents also said they gathered from the native people in Australia that kangaroos are pests there. We think they are fascinating over here. My parents were incredibly disappointed that they didn’t get to see one. The cruise line docked on the wrong side so they didn’t get to see all of the sharks Australia is known for either. I asked them about the cockatoo’s or the king parrots. They didn’t get to see them either. You are so lucky you get to see all of these things because you live in these areas.

They wanted to see the koalas, and the kangaroos. They were told they are inland, and it’s rare to see a koala. My parents also said they gathered from the native people in Australia that kangaroos are pests there. We think they are fascinating over here. My parents were incredibly disappointed that they didn’t get to see one. The cruise line docked on the wrong side so they didn’t get to see all of the sharks Australia is known for either. I asked them about the cockatoo’s or the king parrots. They didn’t get to see them either. You are so lucky you get to see all of these things because you live in these areas.
I'm surprised they didn't see much wildlife, they should've gone to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary down on the Gold Coast, they have just about every type of bird there, kangaroos and emus you can walk among and feed, koalas you can cuddle, and they are famous for the flocks of wild rainbow lorikeets that come in for a feed twice a day, and you can buy a plate of nectar to feed them with too! Not to mention Steve Irwin's "Australia Zoo" on the Sunshine Coast, they've got a bit everything there too! Maybe they didn't get much time on land though, which is a great pity. Let me know if you or them ever decide to come over again, won't you? Cos I'll tell you where all the best touristy things are so you don't miss out!

Sadly, they were likely held to the schedule and limited free travel of the Cruise Line!

Julio has his favorite fruits, but has no love for flowers. At least has never shown any interest in them!
Julio probably just needs a pretty little hen like Peachie to show him the ropes with those eucalypt flowers. I'm betting he'd find both irresistible!! ❤️‍🔥

5RQvo1q.png

ohhhh congrats!!!!

Star Wars is awesome. Lovejoy didn’t want to be Darth Vader?
Lovejoy's got Darth shakin' in his boots!! Don't be fooled by that "good guys" green light sabre, it's just a front!!

Princess Peachie's trying some new hairstyles. Gotta stay one step ahead of those hot alien hens now that Lovejoy's gone intergalactic!!

Screenshot (84).png

For anyone who is sick of buying toys that their birds totally ignore, may I suggest sola balls?? These two will have this one destroyed by the end of the day!!

ljpsola1.jpeg

ljpsola2.jpeg

Of course the opposite is also true, it looks like I'm gonna be spending a lot of money on sola balls!

For anyone who is sick of buying toys that their birds totally ignore, may I suggest sola balls?? These two will have this one destroyed by the end of the day!!

View attachment 59496
View attachment 59497

Of course the opposite is also true, it looks like I'm gonna be spending a lot of money on sola balls!
It really is awful when you spend a lot of money on toys that parrots won’t touch. I remember years ago I could get 5 toys for $30. I went to a big chain pet store last week, and spent $80. I only got 5 of them. I really need to come up with toys I can make. Hopefully toys are cheaper where you are at.

It really is awful when you spend a lot of money on toys that parrots won’t touch. I remember years ago I could get 5 toys for $30. I went to a big chain pet store last week, and spent $80. I only got 5 of them. I really need to come up with toys I can make. Hopefully toys are cheaper where you are at.

Toys are hideously expensive here, 'specially as I'm a bit picky about where I buy them. But I do have a lot of DIY components so I can build and rebuild to give them some variety. These balls are something else though, both Lovejoy and Peachie were wanting to shred it the moment I pulled it out of the box!

And this is the end result, it only took them just over 3 hours to virtually destroy it. But at least it bought me a few hours of knowing EXACTLY what they were up to!!

ljpsola3.jpeg

ljpsola4.jpeg

Well, I'll be darned...

What is a sola ball?
Amazon.com : andwe Bird Toy Sola Ball - Natural Soft Chew ...

Fun & easy to Shred Bird Toys - Sola Balls are made by air-dried natural sola plant wood, which were tied tightly as a ball and cutted by a consistent size for your pet bird to catch it as a foot toy or shred down by their beak as a chew toys.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back