A Warm Welcome And A Few Friendly Warnings To Keep Your Parrots Safe

Angieb

Jan 8, 2024
I’ve scanned through the replies and I can’t find if anyone else has asked the following.

Im new and reading lots and my mind is swirling. lol.
We have just built a new cage for him. I’m having to cover up Rocco overnight and I’m having to use a quilt cover or sheet. I can smell the washing powder on it. Do you think this will be too strong for him? Am I overthinking it?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I’ve scanned through the replies and I can’t find if anyone else has asked the following.

Im new and reading lots and my mind is swirling. lol.
We have just built a new cage for him. I’m having to cover up Rocco overnight and I’m having to use a quilt cover or sheet. I can smell the washing powder on it. Do you think this will be too strong for him? Am I overthinking it?
@Angieb, I can't answer your question specifically, but personally I would be a little concerned about a strong smelling washing powder residue too. Can you maybe put the cover through another wash with no detergent, just to get rid of the smell? I think that's what I'd do in the immediate term, and try to switch to a low/no scented brand if possible :)

Angieb

Jan 8, 2024
@Angieb, I can't answer your question specifically, but personally I would be a little concerned about a strong smelling washing powder residue too. Can you maybe put the cover through another wash with no detergent, just to get rid of the smell? I think that's what I'd do in the immediate term, and try to switch to a low/no scented brand if possible :)
Yeah I’ve managed to use an unscented one… I’ll was the others tomorrow. ☺️

Most Reactions

Latest posts