Ad Abusing Members and Viewers!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing the abusive Ad by Saxend, which seems to be forcing the viewer to their Ad! Every time their Ad comes up in rotation, my viewing screen slams up or down to include their Ad!

I understand the want to provide viewership of one's Ad, but when it comes to a point of being Abusive! That takes viewing to a whole new level of discord!

SM's, Please pass this along to the Overseers!

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I don't see that one. When was the last time you cleared out cookies? I'm learning that ads are sophisticated enough to tell what other sites you've been to and behave differently depending on what information they glean from your browser.

OP
SailBoat

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Good Point! I am a crazy nut about cleaning history at a minimum of daily, more commonly late morning, late afternoon and prior to shut down!

I am running Bitdefender and have to back-off some of the 'Blocking' ware when running Parrot Forums because Parrot Forums runs a real time interaction Format that if Bitdefender was fully operations, it would slow the Forum down to a snail pace.

The pain is that it is only that one Ad! Saxend, which is some kind of photo saver, blender!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
When I'm logged into my account, I only see a couple ads at the very bottom of the page, mostly related to things I've searched (sigh, big brother is watching). There are more ads when I'm not logged in, but they're always fixed ads. I've never seen aggressive pop ups on this site. Hopefully the mods can sort this out for you!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I also can't see this ad, and am so sorry that it is being a pain for you! Is this happening for anyone else? What browser are you using?
I'll bring this up in the Mod forum for sure.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I have had issues with video ads from the bottom command the entire screen to scroll downwards! Only occurred with Chrome, and hasn't occurred for several months.

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
When I'm logged into my account, I only see a couple ads at the very bottom of the page, mostly related to things I've searched (sigh, big brother is watching). There are more ads when I'm not logged in, but they're always fixed ads. I've never seen aggressive pop ups on this site. Hopefully the mods can sort this out for you!

AdBlock Plus is your friend. :)

Most Reactions