Adopting a Younger Cockatiel

Vampiric_Conure70

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Joined
May 16, 2022
Messages
2,620
Reaction score
4,482
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 26 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-25yrs -Grey Tiel
Zesty(F)-15+yrs-Lutino Tiel
Cinder(F)-15yrs-Pearl Tiel
Vortex (F) - H March 15 2024
QUasar (??)-2 yr-YS GCC
Yvons (M)-18 yrs-CAG
So yeah - the lady who gave me her two elderly cockatiels wants her birds back, so I said yes. She was heart broken giving them up, tears and all, so if she wanted them back, hell yeah. I wasn't going to have her suffer! Which, of course, left me without a replacement for Pulsar, my beloved GCC who died of a seizure about a month back. I decided to bite the bullet and adopt a younger cockatiel, sex unknown. It's a 4-month-old pearl pied, potentially a female because they're 'quieter'. I'm REALLY hoping for a pearl because I adore pearls.

I'm thinking of naming the new baby 'Quark', 'Quartz ', or 'Quirk'. I like weird names, thus why these have resonated with me. They arrive on Thursday eve. Cinder and Zesty go home tomorrow.

Wish me luck. If I lose another flock member (or two), I think the universe is telling me NO MORE BIRDS.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: AMD
You are a good person for giving the others back....so sorry to hear it happend. Good luck with the new tiel! would love pics!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom