Adventuring...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
....One day last we had the warmest day on record for this time of year...68 degree's with bright sunshine and nary a cloud in the sky. I had to get supplies for BB and took Amy out for a ride. Stopped first at our friends John and Chris and sat on their deck enjoying a holiday adult beverage. Amy was on my shoulder,his eyes closed,and what looked like a smile on his beak as the warm sun shone on his face.
An hour or so later it was time to go to his favorite place,All Pets,to get Beeb's fruity pellets and for Amy to visit his friends the green armed Bee Bee's. They like to hang from their houses walls and look at him as he talks in Amazon speak. When we got there,the place was closed :oops: OUT OF BUSINESS! Empty store,For Rent sign in the windows. We've been going there for years. When I told Amy it was closed he just kinda looked at me. I know he knew where we were. Besides the Bee Bee's they would have a couple conures or caqui's...sometimes a Grey or 'zon,even a mac on occasion and a bunch of doggo's to look at,the other local pet shop only has a few budgies. It was a sad day for the green dino ;)

Jim

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
That’s too bad.
sounds like a small independent operation not a chain store.
Those places going the way of the dinosaur.
Hope my localy owned shop stays open.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Been a very difficult couple of years for small Businesses everywhere. Our local Parrot shop has been on the edge for the last 6-months and with the cold empty days of January, February and March ahead, we may loss ours as well.

Support your local shops, they need you more than ever!!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Oh sad news indeed, Jim. I know from personal experience how much AMY loved going there. The box store equivalent is nowhere as satisfying. Any hope of them resurfacing somewhere in the future?
Ya Al..we took the boy's there one time when you and Salty visited for a play date.. We do go to Pet Co in the next town over,seems they are the only store around where I can find Roudybush maintainance pellets for him. He likes that place too but still nothing but a couple budgies to talk to. Parrot&Company in Stamford where BB came from has only birds of all kinds but they won't let Amy in unless he is confined in a carrier or box,plus it's almost in NY..long drive just to visit.

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sad to hear, Jim and you know Amy was terribly disappointed.

Rough, hard slog for small businesses. Nearest "bird" store shut doors 2 years ago after decades in business. Bittersweet as the business thrived but owners wanted to retire, and family had no interest.

Most Reactions

Latest posts