Advice for upcoming vacation

Total_Dejavu

Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Jules - Yellow Sided GCC, Buju - My sweet lil Meyer's, Micah - Sun Concure :o)
Hello all. I have a vacation planned for next month and am a little concerned about being away from my birds. At the moment, I have a friend who usually takes care of my dogs and fish while I'm away, but I've never left him with my birds before. My Conure Jules, loves being out of her cage and with me the majority of the day. Shes a pretty needy girl lol. The others are independent and could care less about ever leaving their cage. Also, I'm going to be away for a week....

I have another friend who is experienced with birds and might be interested in caring for Jules, but I haven't spoken to her about it. She does have larger birds and im not exactly sure how she would go over in their household? Again, my usual helper could care for my other birds, but what would be my best bet with Jules? I really don't want her to feel neglected or abandoned while I'm away. Thanks for any advice :)

Reba

masterrez

May 6, 2012
right now it looks like your best bet is to arrange something with your experienced friend. You may just have to end up going over to their house to see how the arrangement would work with her bigger birds.

Last edited:
OP
Total_Dejavu

Total_Dejavu

Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Jules - Yellow Sided GCC, Buju - My sweet lil Meyer's, Micah - Sun Concure :o)
Thats kinda what I've been thinking too. I didnt really want to take her out of the house (for stress reasons and its so super hot here), but may be best for her care. I'll speak with her and see what she says. Thanks for the quick response

Most Reactions

Latest posts