Any ideas on how to keep a conure entertained while I am at work?

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
For almost a year I was able to work remotely, but have just moved into a new job where I will be commuting to an office. This means that for eight hours a day, Maddox will be home without me, which I hate. He has plenty of toys and my boyfriend is usually home around three and can let him out of the cage. What do you working folk do to keep your feathered friends happy while away during the day?

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
My girls (still feels weird saying it ) have forage boxes in their cages. I have a pet cam so I can check in on them and I've found they are with stuffing their beaks or they are snoozing or watching the world go by next to their snuggle up heaters .

If I know I'm going to be out all day I'll leave the TV with YouTube on playing parrot TV

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
My girls (still feels weird saying it ) have forage boxes in their cages. I have a pet cam so I can check in on them and I've found they are with stuffing their beaks or they are snoozing or watching the world go by next to their snuggle up heaters .

If I know I'm going to be out all day I'll leave the TV with YouTube on playing parrot TV
Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about playing jungle noises on repeat while away so that he has some kind of stimulation. Good call on the pet cam though, I'll have to get one.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Playing music or putting on cartoons helps. Definitely foraging toys - multiple types with different types of treats in them. Rotate toys in the cage about once a week ish to keep things interesting for them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts