Advice

Katiejayne

Sep 30, 2013
Parrots
African grey
Green cheek conure
My CAG is six months at the moment and she is out the cage nearly all the time, however I have started having to put her in when I am cooking. This is because she used to just stay on my shoulder but the other day she flew at the hob when it was on. Luckily she wasn't hurt but it made me realise how unsafe it was for her whilst I was cooking however she has started grinding the bars of her cage when I put her in. It's a new cage that is made for african greys. She has loads of toys and I always put some treats in with her but she just continues to grind the bars she's actually grinding the stuff off the bars. But I don't know what to do?? I have to put her in for her safely ?

There's a lot of danger in a working kitchen for birds, especially young ones, still uncoordinated and overshooting their landing zones. How about a small "kitchen cage" if you have the room.

Mine hangs upside down by his toe, and bangs on the top of the cage for the few hours a week that I lock him up, while cleaning. Same reason. I don't want him waddling off and getting into my cleaning supplies...

He'll live...

Don't worry about it.

I've tried a different cage in the kitchen and if she can see me it's even worse!
Thank u birdman666 so she isn't going to hurt a beak or anything by doing this?

No, he should be fine and as long as the cage is bird safe, the stuff that is coming off shouldn't be harmful if he eats it.

as long as the bird has toys it should be ok i leave mine alone for a couple of hrs a day and he's always happy think you have problems with greys when you over spoil them then start leaving them alone thats when they pluck

thinks that's the issue she is spoilt she hates being put in lol

thinks that's the issue she is spoilt she hates being put in lol

I deal with this dilemma too. But it's for their own safety and we don't want to have a "fried Grey" for dinner, so better let him be inside that cage.

Lol true it just makes me feel awful

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back