Air purifier question

Lamblion

Feb 9, 2014
Miami, Fl
Parrots
Peached face lovebird.
I wanted to purchase an air purifier because of the pet smells that I have sometimes. I have a bird and 2 dogs.
Any suggestion on which to buy? What do you guys have? If any…

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I like Honeywell air purifiers. They come in different sizes, work well, and aren’t crazy expensive. Honestly, I buy off- brand replacement filters rather than the actual Honeywell ones and they work pretty much just as well.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I wanted to purchase an air purifier because of the pet smells that I have sometimes. I have a bird and 2 dogs.
Any suggestion on which to buy? What do you guys have? If any…
I have three Honewell room units and they work very well removing house dust and all the budgie dust that my flock of six generate. I vacuum the surface of the pre-filter every couple weeks instead of replacing it when dirty. The pre-filters contain carbon that removes odors but if you want the odor removing to work best you need to actually replace the pre-filter every couple months. The HEPA filters that fit behind the pre-filter need to be replaced every four months or so. I buy generic brand replacement pre-filters and HEPA filters on Amazon because they are much cheaper than the Honeywell brand.
Filtrete makes similar units but I'm not as familiar with other brands. I am very happy with my Honeywells. You should buy one size larger than the manufacturer suggests for a room size especially if you have birds, other pets, and high ceilings like I do. If you have a very large room it works better to buy two units and put one on each side of the room.

Most Reactions