Albies vet trip

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
So i have finally gotten around to getting albie to his vet for a pedicure and to chat about his aggression to mr stitch

She has sent off bloods to determine his sex before we decide on the best course of action as she feels its hormone driven aggression hence his unpredictability with his attacks.

She wants to wing clip as an absolute last resort because hes been flighted his whole life and doesnt want to cause more issues or injuries

She suggested i give albie chamomile tea in the mean time to chill his little turkey butt and we get his results next week .

Im not sure what to think about this ,but i need to do something

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I hope your vet is able to figure something out, and in the meantime the chamomile is fine to give him:)
How exciting to find out his sex for sure!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
It is exciting , hes just feeling sorry for himself

To hear him screaming was quite upsetting ,but they were so good with him
That's so important when you have a vet who is good with them as well as knowledgeable:)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
You could tell birds are her passion because every time she came to see a client in or put she would stop to fuss albie

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
As you may have been reading on here, this years hormone season has been a real killer. Longer and more intense than usual for a lot of parrots in the Northern Hemisphere. The good thing about hormone aggression - "This To Shall Pass".

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Sometimes I give Ona dried chamomile flowers in her chop. I never knew you didn't know Albie's sex! It will be exciting to learn what it is. Best of luck in finding a solution.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
The breeder told us he was 90% certain albie is male and its never been a huge thing for us to find out ,its been on our to.do.list but its not been urgent . But now its become necessary to know so we can make a plan for albies aggressive tendencies

Most Reactions