Amazing wild bird visitors!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
My black-headed grosbeaks arrived from the south finally. Yesterday was a great party-day on the bubbler. Lots of finches and hummingbirds making use of it. They were quite grumpy when I took it apart for its weekly cleaning but got back on it as soon as it was up and running again :)

Your yard looks like a botanical garden or bird oasis...So beautiful and lovely. How does that bubbler work? Does it recirculate and how do you clean it?'

Do they sell any bubblers that could be safe for parrots indoors lol? Noodles has a fixation with running water in the sink...It would be easier to just get something like that,but I don't know if there would be any made of safe materials..

Also, are those oranges or yard orb decorations in the background? They look lovely, either way.

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
:26:
My black-headed grosbeaks arrived from the south finally. Yesterday was a great party-day on the bubbler. Lots of finches and hummingbirds making use of it. They were quite grumpy when I took it apart for its weekly cleaning but got back on it as soon as it was up and running again :)

Just stunning pictures! I'm on the migration route fir Goldfinch. This year I only saw 2, I quickly hung my thistle, but they never came back.

That humming bird pictures is do amazing. I've never seen the gross beak before, wonderful to share.

I'm with you noodles, I was try to scope out tge pretties in the yard, other than the bird jewls of course!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel

Your yard looks like a botanical garden or bird oasis...So beautiful and lovely. How does that bubbler work? Does it recirculate and how do you clean it?'

Do they sell any bubblers that could be safe for parrots indoors lol? Noodles has a fixation with running water in the sink...It would be easier to just get something like that,but I don't know if there would be any made of safe materials..

Also, are those oranges or yard orb decorations in the background? They look lovely, either way.

The bubbler is actually pretty easy to clean. It recirculates the water and I just add more daily. Plugs in to power and does itā€™s thing?! I take it apart weekly and wash it with bleach and rinse it before I put it back into service. Takes me about 20 mins to do - all the parts just unscrew from each other (no tools needed). Itā€™s plastic, so itā€™s light and easy. I disassemble on the driveway, dump the parts in a bucket of bleach/water, scrub, toss on driveway and spray rinse with the hose, reassemble. Iā€™ll let you know if I run across one that should be parrot safe - I havenā€™t seen one that Iā€™d trust a ā€˜too with yet :).

The orange orb is a glass ball solar light - I thought they were pretty and I donā€™t have a lot of orange flowers :).

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?

The bubbler is actually pretty easy to clean. It recirculates the water and I just add more daily. Plugs in to power and does itā€™s thing?! I take it apart weekly and wash it with bleach and rinse it before I put it back into service. Takes me about 20 mins to do - all the parts just unscrew from each other (no tools needed). Itā€™s plastic, so itā€™s light and easy. I disassemble on the driveway, dump the parts in a bucket of bleach/water, scrub, toss on driveway and spray rinse with the hose, reassemble. Iā€™ll let you know if I run across one that should be parrot safe - I havenā€™t seen one that Iā€™d trust a ā€˜too with yet :).

The orange orb is a glass ball solar light - I thought they were pretty and I donā€™t have a lot of orange flowers :).

They look great! I am more concerned about Noodles ingesting toxic paint/mental ect- I have to watch her all the time anyway lol! I doubt she's want to do anything but drink the water and shred toys in it ha

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Every year I have a three week period when the hummingbirds disappear (nesting). It always feels amazing when they show back up after. I saw a couple yesterday and today I saw a bunch feeding. Once the babies fledge I will literally have hordes of them. I estimate that I feed around 200 hummingbirds daily between April and June. Made me very happy today to see them, it has been so quiet in the yard for the past few weeks :). They do love the bubbler bird bath I bought for them.

A few more hummingbirds - YouTube

26171d1620351736-amazing-wild-bird-visitors-5564d7cc-66b8-4905-bd9a-af16f63b0bbd.jpg

26170d1620351659-amazing-wild-bird-visitors-f3ee56dd-e761-4322-92d5-8256eec5ec10.jpg

My friend John and his wife Chris are big birdie lovers. Their backyard is kind of small and fenced in. "Farmer John" ( as Chris calls him) is into his gardening and flowers..flowers to attract the birds and butterflies. They have multiple feeders. One for thistle..sunflowers..regular seed..a couple suet feeders and three hummer feeders plus a birdie bath. One hummer feeder hangs from a pole right at the deck. We sit under the umbrella and watch these little things zoom in and out all day. Their back yard is listed as a State Monarch butterfly refuge/hangout. Next time I visit I'll take pictures :)
Their yard is very peaceful and tranquil for being smack-dab in the center of town.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts