so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Last night my microwave oven died. I doubt I could count the number that have quit on me.

You never realize just how dependent we are on them. Until it stops working.
Picking up a new one will be a first priority this morning.
I wonder if I can find one not made in China?:confused: :42:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Not going to be simple, but totally possible to find a North America /European manufactured microwave oven. The small microwave ovens are very likely built in China.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
You might try opening up the old one and check for fuses, which are the first things to go on microwaves. I've fixed a few just by locating and replacing fuses.

Funny story - we had one years ago, pretty new, that stopped working. I took it the repair center here, but the company sent us a brand new one. Lo and behold, 4 months later I got a call from the repair center that my microwave was done and I should pick it up! Cha-ching! I gave the repaired one to my son.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I remember our first microwave circa early 1970s. Large and durable Amana Radar Range with rotary dial, no fancy timers or modes. Lasted a long time until a door latch broke - by that time it was cheaper to buy a new one. Pretty sure it was made in the U.S.

Certain Blaupunkt and Miele microwaves apparently made in Germany: https://www.productfrom.com/products/DE/0/Microwave-Ovens/1

Most Reactions

Latest posts