Another newbie to chop

JadeC

Apr 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
Parrots
White bellied caique
Since my caique baby has gotten home, I've been feeding a basic veggie mix of broccoli, peas, carrot, corn, green beans, lima beans, and zucchini. I was making enough to last about a week, so I decided to try my hand at a chop mix. It was super easy, fun and Meiko really liked tasting all the veggies as we went. Here's what I used:

Zucchini
Yellow squash
Broccoli
Sweet potato
Green and red peppers
Half a cucumber
Spiral noodles
And a basic veggie mix of peas, corn, carrots, green beans, and lima beans

I also added some sprouted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, green lentils and flax seeds before serving.

He absolutely LOVED it!!! He usually goes for his sliced fruit first, but he loves peppers and this chop smelled good!! He ate most of it before I had to leave for work, which is a first. :) I ended up with about a month's worth of fresh food for my growing baby and if he's happy, then I'm happy. Here's a few pictures of what it looks like. Enjoy!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373913453.917190.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373913479.767193.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373913503.883257.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373913539.733979.jpg

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Looks great, I'm jealous of you all making up chops and stuff but I'm just too nervous to try it myself, what if the flavours don't taste right together? Do you put it all in the freezer and defrotst as you need it, or leave it out to defrost, or in the fridge?

OP
JadeC

JadeC

Apr 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
Parrots
White bellied caique
I just mixed a bunch of veggies. The broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, and sweet potatoes are considered "dry veggies" because if you cut them, they don't spew juice at you. It's good to combine dry and wet veggies to keep the mix not too mushy. You can try my mix since its pretty easy. Also, I have a really good email if you want it, I can email it to you. It's a really basic chop mix and you can just add to it like I did.

Also, I froze mine, but you can use it over the course of a week if you don't freeze. It usually stays fresh for about 5-7 days. I defrost about 3 days worth and warm it up before serving. My baby likes it a little warmer than room temp.

I hope that helps! You should just take a leap and try it. :) Most birds love this kind of stuff.

Most Reactions