any people who have flown on an airplane with their parrot?

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
i think it would be interesting if any of you could tell a story of how an airplane trip went with your parrot...
here is mine:
i flew for four hours with my lovebird, and I was so nervous! we got to skip all the lines, even the pet line because the police dog was getting distracted with Pebbles, my bird. then, Pebbles went crazy when the flight attendant showed her her blue glove, squawking and saying "peekaboo"😂 then she was mostly quiet on the plane, cuz i put her small cage on the little table in front of me. but when i had to put her under the chair, she panicked, poor Pebbles, especially cuz it was dark.to take her on the airplane, it cost more than me and my mom combined!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
i think it would be interesting if any of you could tell a story of how an airplane trip went with your parrot...
here is mine:
i flew for four hours with my lovebird, and I was so nervous! we got to skip all the lines, even the pet line because the police dog was getting distracted with Pebbles, my bird. then, Pebbles went crazy when the flight attendant showed her her blue glove, squawking and saying "peekaboo"😂 then she was mostly quiet on the plane, cuz i put her small cage on the little table in front of me. but when i had to put her under the chair, she panicked, poor Pebbles, especially cuz it was dark.to take her on the airplane, it cost more than me and my mom combined!
Iv never taken a bird on a plane but that's so cool. Good to hear that pebbles made it OK. Thanks for sharing

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Under extreme duress and schedule pressures, I once flew from El Paso, TX to Cleveland, OH, with the Rb under my seat... I tried doing crate training, etc., beforehand, but... no good. He screamed NO and GAIL and unintelligible horrors all the way. I think the crew almost pushed me out the plane! Patagonian Conures are famous screamers and rascals... I'm hopeful that other birds would have more promise!

OP
pebbles1553

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
Under extreme duress and schedule pressures, I once flew from El Paso, TX to Cleveland, OH, with the Rb under my seat... I tried doing crate training, etc., beforehand, but... no good. He screamed NO and GAIL and unintelligible horrors all the way. I think the crew almost pushed me out the plane! Patagonian Conures are famous screamers and rascals... I'm hopeful that other birds would have more promise!
im sorry! he might have been scared, my poor birdie was too, especially when we were landing and going up

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!

[IMG alt="GaleriaGila"]https://www.parrotforums.com/data/avatars/m/27/27607.jpg?1701832810[/IMG]

GaleriaGila

Well-known member​

Parrot of the Month 🏆

I was the accompanying husband on this Voyage Through Hades. I tried to have sympathy for the bird, but mostly I tried to act as though I didn't know either of the offending parties..........................the parrot screaming horrible things or the wife cooing sweet little nothings to him. I would rather sit in batter acid for four ours than endure that again.

Love you, honey-bunch!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts