Anyone a member of The Avian Behavior Lab?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
They seem quite expensive to me, and I think you can find everything they teach here in the forum for free.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Wow at $299 per year! I am certainly not. I am a member of
https://iaate.org/

The International Association of Avian Trainers and Educators, who are well recognized and have a board of directors, symposiums etc. Very legitimate.​

An *.org means they are a legit non-profit.

Avain behavior lab seems to be a 1 woman organization, with sharp marketing skills. *.com means a business.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Facility located 30-minute drive from my home! No idea they existed until discussed elsewhere in forum, they are on my agenda for visitation! Until then, I have no opinion on their services.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Wow at $299 per year! I am certainly not. I am a member of
https://iaate.org/

The International Association of Avian Trainers and Educators, who are well recognized and have a board of directors, symposiums etc. Very legitimate.​

An *.org means they are a legit non-profit.

Avain behavior lab seems to be a 1 woman organization, with sharp marketing skills. *.com means a business.
I am not a professional trainer though. I am just someone who lives with two birds looking to understand them better. Is this a good organizational for people like me?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
You are correct , the IAATE is geared more for professional trainers of mostly raptors, but they do have some interesting info available. Honestly, just being a member here on ParrotForums is likely going to be your best source of info that is 100% parrot oriented. Posting intelligently worded questions will get you answers by members who have had parrots for decades. Some members will even do Skype or Zoom, etc one on one consultations.

Most Reactions

Latest posts