Anyone know these kind of parrots?

montsepoo2015

Feb 15, 2015
Honduras
Parrots
I have 3 parrots I still don't know what kind they are
At the property of my cousin a tree fell down and there was a bunch of them, they are still babies because they have trouble eating by themselves we have been hand feeding them but we dont know what kind are they, would appreciate any info from you guys, thank you. We have them outside the cage they hardly can fly and are very docile, we love them. We tried to post the picture but for some reason its not showing I have them on my albums

Attachments

• P2224476.jpg
    P2224476.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,650
OP
M

montsepoo2015

Feb 15, 2015
Honduras
Parrots
I meant to say /This/ (English is my second language, Spanish my first)

OP
M

montsepoo2015

Feb 15, 2015
Honduras
Parrots
JerseyWendy thank you very much I really dont know, thank you if you know any more info I will appreciate it, we named them Pedro And Uva, its a boy and a girl
Dopey...They are adorable we are having so much fun, thank you for the comment

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
NOPE!

It appears to me that you just got incredibly lucky, my friend. They recently discovered a flock of the previously thought to be extinct Carolina Parakeets living in Honduras...

GUESS WHAT THOSE TWO LITTLE BUGGERS APPEAR TO BE...

Rare Baby Carolina Parakeets!!! THESE BIRDS WERE THOUGHT TO HAVE GONE EXTINCT AROUND THE TURN OF THE LAST CENTURY. BUT IT APPEARS A FEW OF THEM MIGRATED SOUTH AND SURVIVED. ALL THE NORTH AMERICAN BIRDS WERE KILLED OFF.

Carolina parakeet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the carolina parakeet they found in Honduras. Look familiar?

http://www.sciencebuzz.org/sites/default/files/images/File.jpg

Here is the article about them:

Carolina Parakeet Rediscovery | Science Buzz

HOW COOL IS THAT?!

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Okay, that will teach me not to look at posting dates. The photo was a photoshopped Jenday conure. It was an April fools joke.

https://companionparrotonline.com/Carolina_Paroquet_Misc.html

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2009/04/carolina-parakeet-rediscovered.html

So we are right back to I don't know.

They certainly have little conure faces.

What's throwing me off are the yellow heads and chest. Unless those are baby colors that change at maturity... all the native conures I'm aware of are green.

But then, I honestly bit on the carolina parakeet announcement... so, what do I know?!

Last edited:

JamJar

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
Parrots
Orange-Winged Amazon ~ Marley
Thats a really cool story!

Could these be a breeding pair?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Okay, that will teach me not to look at posting dates. The photo was a photoshopped Jenday conure. It was an April fools joke.

Terrierman's Daily Dose: Punked by a "Cornell" Press Release

Mark, don't be so quick to discharge your (most awesome) suggestion. I've been hacking away at my keyboard, trying to find out more info about the Carolina Parakeets, too...... IMHO it truly could be them.

Thats a really cool story!

Could these be a breeding pair?

No, those are just babies. :)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mark, don't be so quick to discharge your (most awesome) suggestion. I've been hacking away at my keyboard, trying to find out more info about the Carolina Parakeets, too...... IMHO it truly could be them.

You can stop Hacking Cornell University admitted it was a hoax that someone perpetrated using their servers... people bought it, including me.

What is throwing me off are the yellow heads. Do half moon conures start off with yellow heads that turn green? If so, you probably guessed right.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw

I agree 100% . I did read the posting about April fool on one of the sites but not sure :( . If the poster was trying to pull a April fool he is a little early 36 days :confused:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Ok, I'll stop hacking away (for now). :eek:

I've been looking for photos of young Petz/Half Moon Conures, and none of the pics I've seen the chicks have such yellow heads. :confused:

Can we get a few more photos of the pretty babies, please?

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
At the property of my cousin a tree fell down and there was a bunch of them, they are still babies because they have trouble eating by themselves we have been hand feeding them but we dont know what kind are they, would appreciate any info from you guys, thank you. We have them outside the cage they hardly can fly and are very docile, we love them. We tried to post the picture but for some reason its not showing I have them on my albums

I am backing out slow I am getting confused LOL Sure looks like them

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Ok, I'll stop hacking away (for now). :eek:

I've been looking for photos of young Petz/Half Moon Conures, and none of the pics I've seen the chicks have such yellow heads. :confused:

Can we get a few more photos of the pretty babies, please?

Read the Sally Blanchard article again... the yellow headed birds in the box.

Bird Smugglers have been bleaching baby conure head feathers, and turning them yellow, and then smuggling them across the border into Texas, and passing them off as rare "Carolina Parakeets." The result were green birds with yellow and red heads.

Please tell me someone didn't do that to these little guys... (in which case I'd have to say half moon conure with a bleached head.)

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

I agree 100% . I did read the posting about April fool on one of the sites but not sure :( . If the poster was trying to pull a April fool he is a little early 36 days :confused:

It's last year's post, they never took it down.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Welcome to the forum! I just checked my brand new Parrots of the World, and there are NO such bird (or even closely similar) in there! You probably got some really rare conure - take very good care of them! Please post some more pictures!
Birdman666, you are right - they look SO MUCH like the extinct Carolina parakeet! I was praying God they'd be rediscovered! :) Wouldn't that be cool!!!
Anyway, my only guess is some hybrid bird - half-moon and golden, maybe? The thing is that most juvenile conures are green, but these are yellow! And most of them have dark beaks, but these have pink. Anyway, I'm so puzzled... Or could these NOT be conures??? Do they have long tails and slim body?
They look so cute and adorable! Please some more picks!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh I just saw the pics in your album - they are definitely conures! Wow, I'm so trilled! Maybe someone else would know! :)

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
They are beautiful and thanks for caring for them.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
montsepoo2015-albums-our-new-babies-picture13961-p2234488.jpg

montsepoo2015-albums-our-new-babies-picture13959-p2224474.jpg

Here are the photos in the album. I agree, veimar, definitely conures - and GORGEOUS ones, too.

Nah, Mark, I honestly don't think anybody bleached them.

This is quite the mystery though! :32:

Most Reactions

Latest posts