Apart from noise is there any difference between GCC and Sun Conure?

Rouya

Feb 24, 2021
The Gulf
Hey guys ,

I am interested in getting a conure and was wondering if there was any difference in behaviour between the two conures? Could you highlight the differences?

Also, if two Conures become friendly will they single the owner out?

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It depends how you process grief. Some people get a second parrot too soon and struggle with delayed grief. While others do fine, no right or wrong , just sharing.

A lot of time and care should be taken with introduction. Always in neutral area, and prevent any fights squabble from ever happening. If they are allowed to fight , they often will always hold a grudge. First impression matters a lot. Lots of feeding treats to each while far apart. Lots of extra reassurance to first parrot. Separately cages..on opposite side of the room at first.

I worked very hard to have a flock, they all have seperate cages. But they can all be out at the same time. Many here have not had the same dynamics, and have birds that always fight.

I have had two sets of birds pair up. For me it didn't change how loving the burds are to me at all. But they are not breeding pairs ...

Green cheeks will never back down. I dont know how suns are.

Last edited:

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I have 3 conures and the two green cheeks are paired up. They still interact with me fine. They can all be out at the same time but the sun Conure just has to keep her distance from Monkey (female gcc) or Monster (male gcc) will chase her off. They can be on stands right next to each but thereā€™s a distance that must be adhered to or Monster gets defensive of his girlfriend.

I generally find them pretty similar species. The gcc have a greater tendency to be little bullies but thatā€™s about it. Even though my sun Conure will chase Ivory the cockatoo off her perches just for fun. Ivory lands then Loki has to have that perch which keeps repeating for as long as it takes before Ivory runs to one of us to call the annoying yellow thing off. People say suns are louder than green cheeks but they are pretty equal here. But all my birds are pretty quiet in general. The suns do have a slightly louder call but green cheeks have an annoying & fairly loud one too.

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
My suggestion may be a little off beat
But I strongly think it may not be good idea to
Get another bird immediately after demise of
One.

Instead you can try to set up an Aquarium perhaps . This is a spectacular one
[ame="https://youtu.be/yuEPgd9rGME"]My Colombia Altum Angelfish Tank - YouTube[/ame]

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
It depends how you process grief. Some people get a second parrot too soon and struggle with delayed grief. While others do fine, no right or wrong , just sharing.

ere.

Very profound! Thanks for sharing!

Most Reactions

Latest posts