Are Golden Conures a/k/a Queen of Bavaria Parrots nippy or beaky?

Kim1

Feb 2, 2022
Hello all,

This is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knew whether golden conures are nippy or beaky? I know that GCCs tend to be nippy and beaky, but I was wondering if this is the same for Golden Conures. I know that people love them, but I want to know what to expect if I purchase one. Any knowledge or experience you have would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
As far as I'm concerned, they can be; any bird can be; but definitely not as much as GCCs or other, smaller conures.
It also depends on the individual.
Golden conures are large, loud, and expensive, like any pet bird, so if you would like to get one I would recommend at least 100 hours of research before bringing one into your life.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello all,

This is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knew whether golden conures are nippy or beaky? I know that GCCs tend to be nippy and beaky, but I was wondering if this is the same for Golden Conures. I know that people love them, but I want to know what to expect if I purchase one. Any knowledge or experience you have would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum!
I know someone who breeds them, and I got to interact with them one day. The ones I held were pretty awesome. I handled several of their own birds and they were sweethearts.
But as Fox mentioned, all birds are different so another one could be quite nippy.
That is one of my dream birds, but it would take a lottery win for me to spend that much, unfortunately. They are $5000 here.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
welcome to the forum!
Hope you stick around and join in! I've learned stuff i never thought about, and picked up lots of great tips.

Golden conure also one of my dream parrots.
But unlike Terry I've never even met one.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Golden Conures are supposed to act more like mini-macaws and not so much like GCC's. So more bluffing that needs to be met head on. Hellaciously expensive, as you likely already know.

OP
Kim1

Kim1

Feb 2, 2022
Thank you so much everyone! I have heard such good things about them. Terry57 what state does the breeder you know live in and does she sell directly?

Wrench13 that is great insight. Thank you so much! I will have to look-up what bluffing means. I have heard that mini macaws are different behaviorally than larger ones, so I appreciate the distinction.

I posted a pic of my GCC below.

🦜🦜🦜😊

Attachments

• 213FC96E-C742-4D44-AB29-381B2EF0A728.jpeg
    213FC96E-C742-4D44-AB29-381B2EF0A728.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 58

Most Reactions