Are black capped conures the same as green cheeks?

Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
So there is a black top conure in need of a home and I already have a gcc. Iā€™m curious to know whether black tops and gccs are the same bird with different color mutations or entirely different personalities, bite force, and species overall. Kinda like how crimson bellied conures arenā€™t even real gccs. Thank you!!!

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
So there is a black top conure in need of a home and I already have a gcc. Iā€™m curious to know whether black tops and gccs are the same bird with different color mutations or entirely different personalities, bite force, and species overall. Kinda like how crimson bellied conures arenā€™t even real gccs. Thank you!!!
They are similar in the fact that they can breed so yes they probably are very similar, but i have yet to work with a black top conure so i am not for sure.
Hope that helps some.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I don't haven an experience with BCCs either but I also think they are very similar

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
If I remember correctly, Black tops are one of the biggest of the Conures. Next to Golden. Bigger than a Sun that are 125gram birds. And GCC are a tad smaller than Sun's.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
If I remember correctly, Black tops are one of the biggest of the Conures. Next to Golden. Bigger than a Sun that are 125gram birds. And GCC are a tad smaller than Sun's.
"black tops"?

The biggest conure species are Patagonian conures, next to goldens (and maybe something else)

Black-capped conures belong to the same genus as GCCs and all of them (Pyrrhura members) are much smaller than sun conures

OP
I
Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
"black tops"?

The biggest conure species are Patagonian conures, next to goldens (and maybe something else)

Black-capped conures belong to the same genus as GCCs and all of them (Pyrrhura members) are much smaller than sun conures
Ohhhhhh good!!! I was worried for a second! I donā€™t think I can handle large conure bites lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts