Are pellets safe to eat?

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)
For humans, I mean. šŸ¤£
While making rice for my birds I was thinking about how much Elvis loves rice, and then I thought, "duh, it's delicious, and the other stuff is pellets and seeds. Gross."
Then I thought, "I wonder what seeds taste like." Then I wondered, "What do pellets taste like? Can I eat them? I wanna try!!"
I get Zupreem small bird pellets. Can I safely eat these? I'm hoping to record it for a viral YouTube vid.

Also, chop. Do you put stuff in your chop that you would never eat? Zucchini, for example. šŸ¤£

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Short answer: yes.

I have eaten:
-zupreem pellets
-harrison's pellets
-top's pellets
-seed mixes
-millet spray
-chop

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Yes, they are. I know of people who've done it plenty. I do not, cause I have no interest in eating their food :giggle:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
For humans, I mean. šŸ¤£
While making rice for my birds I was thinking about how much Elvis loves rice, and then I thought, "duh, it's delicious, and the other stuff is pellets and seeds. Gross."
Then I thought, "I wonder what seeds taste like." Then I wondered, "What do pellets taste like? Can I eat them? I wanna try!!"
I get Zupreem small bird pellets. Can I safely eat these? I'm hoping to record it for a viral YouTube vid.

Also, chop. Do you put stuff in your chop that you would never eat? Zucchini, for example. šŸ¤£
Unless there's an ingredient I'm allergic to I always taste Rocky's food, even when I was handfeeding him. I bought three different brands of handfeeding formula a (Higgins, Exact, and Tropican) because they all sounded good and I figured why not? They don't taste like much. Her pellets, Harrison's high potency superfine granules, taste very bland, too. Her Birdy bread could use some seasoning for my taste. Her chop is delicious! I don't see anything gross about tasting Rocky's food- I wouldn't feed her anything gross- but the thought of tasting dog or cat food makes me want to puke!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
For the most part, I end up eating it one way or another. Zupreem? Yes. It was back in 2020 when my bestie was over and we decided to try the budgiesā€™ fruit blend pellets. It was the equivalent of smelling vanilla extract then drinking it. -10/5 would NEVER eat that crap EVER again. Harrisonā€™s? Yup. Itā€™s like a dry wheat flavor. Rico ended up eating it. Psittacus? Yes, and itā€™s NASTY. EW. Floppy wheat and goofy oats is the best description of the flavor. Tops? Yes. When I got it back in December (paying a stupidly absurd amount of money for 12oz) I accidentally ate a few when I was half asleep. I felt it on my bed, thought they were mike and Ikeā€™s and was rudely awakened by the god awful flavor. -8/5 hard pass.

Most Reactions

Latest posts