Are you mad!!!!!!!!!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Early this afternoon, I put Bucc in his cage and opened the doors for the little fellas to come out, Did they enjoy it, well I'm sure they would if they had even bothered to venture up to the door of the cage. Instead they stayed firmly where they were, They just kept looking at me as if I was mad. In the end I went up and took some pics of them inside the cage, the camera I had to use isn't really very good for taking pics of the birds but it was the only one I had to hand.
Bourkes Charley and Harley.
2812064.jpg

Tiels Gemini and Leo
2812065.jpg

Female Red Rump Flynnie
2812066.jpg

Rosellas Georgie and Errol, with Flynnie
2812067.jpg

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Rosella Errol
2812069.jpg

Couldn't get any of the Linnies as they have taken to the cosy hut and have no interest in coming out at the moment, It seems they are too interested in making babies. :eek: :eek:

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I think the rosella breed is sooooooo pretty, love the coloring...

they do have a look to them... Maybe bucc told them bad things about you so they wouldn't come out and he could stay out longer :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
That sounds spot on. You know him so well. :D

The colouring on the Rosella's is beautiful, you can't really see it that well with the camera I was using this time, I'll have to get my other camera out and get some of them with that one. And if only Georgie will stay sitting you can see all the different colours he has on his chest

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Wish you could see how these tiels are here! They drive me mad! Rolie is always sitting at the bottom on the grid waiting for that door to open, then he's out followed by Karools, they love walking around outside. They are under the tables, chairs, in the dogbasket- everywhere! They love coming out, and when he doesnt come out he looks so depressed and i let him out.

Drives one mad sometimes, have to scoop up poop all over the floor, but love them when their out, they so enjoy it!:p

karen

Nov 9, 2006
scotland
Parrots
one orange wing
Honey
Hi Peta ,
Do all ur lil guys live in the house?
How does ur OH cope with his place in the "pecking " order ;)
And while on line do u use pellet feed or well just or.
These bloomin books have my head in a tiz:confused:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hi Karen,

Yep all my guys live in the house at the moment, we are in the process of building them an aviary, as they won't very often come out for a fly around. :( Hubby knows his place.................. behind Bucc, and the other 9 birds, dogs, cats, kids fish, :D

Errol and Flynnie were so badly treated before coming here that they eat only seed. Have managed to get them to eat little bits of pellets. (About crumb size) Georgie is a little bit mad (brain damaged we think) and will eat anything but has to soak it in her water) The tiels, Linnies, and Bourkes will eat pellets as long as its not put together with seed.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
This is the 2nd time I have heard reference to soaking pellets in water to convince birds to eat it.
Human domination has taken a backward step this week.
He wont eat the pellets and would rather scavange the floor for old seed.
He is a little more stand-offish the last 2 days. He also knows that going in for water when its dark means that the cage will get shut with him on the inside. He flew down to me today when I was at the pc, but that was just to hunt for seed husks and poo on my keyboard. then it was back up somewhere high and sit alone all day.
Yesterday if I called him and crooked my finger he would fly to me just for a head scratch.Today, he will fly off if I go near him.
Oh we did have a minor tiff Yesterday. While patting him he grabbed my finger with his foot and held it still so he could bite it, hard. I tapped him on the beak and and pointed and said "No' very sternly but he remained bad mooded so I ignored him for 4 hours(very hard to do). When he got back into the cage, he wouldnt come to me at all.
MUUUUM! He bit me harder than I tapped him, and he started it!! So why is he the one with the mood?

Last edited:
OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I wish I could sit and watch you two, it sounds such fun. :D Don't forget he's gonna be telling Mum that you are bigger than him and bullying him. :18: hey wait for the time he starts talking, boy he's gonna be telling tales on ya then.

Errol and Flynnie will not eat pellets of any sort, in the end I gave up and they have mainly seed, with some crushed pellets, thats about all they will tolerate. They get a lot of excercise and fruit and veg so I'm not that worried about it. :eek: :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts