Asteria and Hecate’s Journey

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

Fly high Baby blue! I love you
Hey guys! this is Gonna be where I post updates on their journey. (I am a foster momma)

Backstory : they came from a man who had almost a thousand birds. He let his IRNs and Budgies multiply to extreme rates in his house. they came covered in feces, mites and other diseases. sadly, only 3 of the 23 birds the rescue took in survived. I am fostering the two males (the ones that need the most work) to try to make them more adoptable 😃. I will post their small and big updates here and random photos!

IMG_2111.jpeg

Asteria - 5 year old female IRN

IMG_2108.jpeg

Hecate - 5 year old Female IRN

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

IMG_2109.jpeg
IMG_2112.jpeg
IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_2105.jpeg
IMG_2108.jpeg

this was This mornings feed! i got them to eat a millet piece out of my fingers. don’t mind the dirty pad, i promise it’s clean now 🤣. (that was 2 feeds

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
They are so cute! Thank you so much for fostering these two and for starting this thread so we can enjoy them!

don’t mind the dirty pad, i promise it’s clean now 🤣.
A quick, friendly word of advice on the puppy pads: please make sure they are unscented. Many puppy pads have scented chemicals in them that encourage dogs to "go" in that spot. In my opinion it's much safer to use newspaper. Just wanted to throw that out there in case you didn't know. :)

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

ok, I didn’t think about the scented thing. I checked the box and it did say unscented. thank you so much! i would not have thought of that!

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

i’m gonna just log everything in here.

I moved them today to separate cages due to Asteria Shredding/attacking Hecate’s tail

71710239949__6A6F4758-CBD8-4997-A445-495234DA2561.jpeg
71710230148__F1C72E7C-FB93-4FBC-9846-E3F49BB3DC86.jpeg

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Poor Birds! So glad they have you to foster them :) . What are their personalities like? I'm itching to know more! :D

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Curious to follow along 😊

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

they started getting louder today, they started doing a sinisterly, evil DEEP laugh. they did it in unison and it was so funny! at the rescue they were in a room with a Grey so that’s probably where they learned it. Hecate says hi but it is very disfigured. not my main concern but would be cool to make it sound better. obviously i care more about the birds health.

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

Not much to update.. They started to eat little morsels of spray millet (we pull a clump off the stick) and open the cage door. they will come up to the front to grab it, but run away immediately. That is great progress! I know it can take a while to earn their trust, so we are taking it slow.

We got a little distracted on taming them because our focus was switched to this big guy, We called him Mike Tyson. He is emaciated and has tons of wounds, vet said he's around 8-9 hes lookin for a home in the florida area btw.. he's so sweet; we clipped his nails, cleaned his ears (they had to dig, it must've hurt), flushed a wound, gave shots and more stuff, and he didn't try to bite once. Anyways he's looking for a home just to throw that out there

The photo was taken yesterday, he isn't living at the house with us. he is at a neighbors house. He is now inside but we wanted to get him to the vet to make sure he wasn't diseased or anything due to her other dogs.

PHOTO WARNING!! Sensitive content (emaciated dog with wounds, no blood or gore, scabbed wounds, hair loss and visible bones)

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
They are so lucky they get you! :green: :giggle:😇😀😃😄😁😆☺️🙂🙃😉🥰🥰😘😗😙😚😋

OP
Sparkie

Sparkie

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
4 budgies, 2 foster IRNs

Toys came in!
IMG_2648.jpg

this was the biggest hit. and yes, i am aware about the clips. I ordered some alternative clips. they are all naturally dyed too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts