Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
title.jpg

1645812994764.png

After a suggestion by a member, @Abu Colo, the Mod Team decided to create a list of veterinarians around the world who see birds. This was something we had discussed a few years ago, but the task seemed so large that we didn't get very far. However, the need is there and we decided that the time was right to get it done.
Not all the vets listed are CAVs, but all treat birds from what we could determine.
To find out if a vet is a CAV, you can search the websites of the ones in your area.
We started working on this at the end of November/2021, and even though we are going to continue to add countries we are finally ready to post it. Everything was current when we created this, but things change so please check for yourself as to hours, etc.

Unless otherwise stated, ALWAYS call first to make an appointment.

We have the Mod's name who created each document on the upper part of each document.
Please contact that Mod for additions, corrections, typos, misspellings, etc. The more vets we can add, the better for everyone. If you know we missed one (or more), please let us know.
Google Translate is not always correct, and it was used on many of these countries.
Please feel free to have us correct it as we want everything to be right.
You can also post additional vets in this thread. Please make sure to give us all the info:)

Some of the countries that had many vets have an index to make it easier to locate the area you're looking for.
On the left of each document there is also an index for easier navigation.

If you are on a mobile device, it may ask you to download an app. Just click no and you can open the link. No App is required.

I want to mention that this took the entire Mod Team, because without a Mod watching the forum while searches were made this would not have been possible.

* ParrotForums is not endorsing nor recommending any of the vets listed. This is simply a list of vets we found using Google.

Please do your own research on any vet you decide to use.

Click the link below for the list of countries.

Avian/Exotic Vets by Country

Please let us know if you recommend a vet. You can PM the Mod who created the document where your vet is located, or post it here.
We will be adding a star beside any vet who is recommended by our members. No reviews, just a star by their name.
Thank you for your help:)

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Terry, you have done so much magnificent work here! This is going to be such a valuable resource for so many people and help so many birds too, VERY WELL DONE!!!❀️

I'd also like to thank members @Emeral and @T00tsyd for assistance with avian vet services in Thailand and the UK respectively - your help was invaluable too!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Terry, you have done so much magnificent work here! This is going to be such a valuable resource for so many people and help so many birds too, VERY WELL DONE!!!❀️
You did as lot of work on this as well!
And without Jon watching the forum for us we just couldn't have gotten so much done. Truly a team effort:)
I hope it will help many birds and their parronts.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'm so excited that this has finally been unveiled! An enormous project, labor of love, and wonderful resource that may help so many birds! :)

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
This is amazing!!!! Thank you so much!!!
For Hungary (Budapest) I can 100% mention that the Exo-Pet clinic does have parrot expert! Guy learned from the best in Europe :D

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I don't know why, for a moment I had a feeling it will be a list of Avian vets by their countries :) Congrats, I can imagine, it was so hard and time-consuming.
I'm sure this list will be very useful :)

Ps. if you want, I can give a link to a map of avian vets. It's created by a Pole, so there are most avian vets in Poland, but there also are marked avian vets from other countries (probably not all, but many)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This is amazing!!!! Thank you so much!!!
For Hungary (Budapest) I can 100% mention that the Exo-Pet clinic does have parrot expert! Guy learned from the best in Europe :D
Oh good, thank you for mentioning this!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I don't know why, for a moment I had a feeling it will be a list of Avian vets by their countries :) Congrats, I can imagine, it was so hard and time-consuming.
I'm sure this list will be very useful :)

Ps. if you want, I can give a link to a map of avian vets. It's created by a Pole, so there are most avian vets in Poland, but there also are marked avian vets from other countries (probably not all, but many)
Please do, Roz! We may be able to add more vets to the list:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thank You Mods for developing this excellent resource for Parrot owners near everywhere as there is an on-going need for Avian Medical help. To everyone that played a part in developing this resource, Thank You!!
It was our pleasure to work on this:)
I think this will be a good link to post for people who need a vet and we don't have to know where they are to help them.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Exquisitely fine and helpful labor of love Terry and Martina!! ❀️ ❀️
Scott, we couldn't have done it without you and Jon watching the forum for us:)
Thank you so much to you both for that!

Shez

Feb 17, 2022
May be worth putting a note that the Echuca vet (Victoria) is not a full time avian vet clinic.

The avian vet only visits the clinic for one day every few weeks- If nothing has changed since my last appointment there she was visiting one day a month but also has holidays where she is not replaced by another avian vet.

Edit: Awesome resource!!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts