LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
May be worth putting a note that the Echuca vet (Victoria) is not a full time avian vet clinic.

The avian vet only visits the clinic for one day every few weeks- If nothing has changed since my last appointment there she was visiting one day a month but also has holidays where she is not replaced by another avian vet.

Edit: Awesome resource!!
Thank you for that info, Shez! Details for Echuca Moama Vet Clinic have been adjusted accordingly :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Well Done!! At first I thought this was gonna be some goofy add to the sig pics or info, but this is an outstanding resource especially considering the truly international breadth of the membership. This is going to save lives guys and there is no better aim. Thank you!

ps I still want my pirate flag !!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Well Done!! At first I thought this was gonna be some goofy add to the sig pics or info, but this is an outstanding resource especially considering the truly international breadth of the membership. This is going to save lives guys and there is no better aim. Thank you!

ps I still want my pirate flag !!

After a wonderful post like this, I can offer this flag to my favourite pirate:)

1646082080173.png

Can't leave Salty out!

1646082306997.png

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We'd like to ask the members...did we list your vet that you use?
If not, please post their website or info here so we can add it to the list.
We want to make sure that we don't miss a vet that could help more people, and we need your help for that:)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
We'd like to ask the members...did we list your vet that you use?
If not, please post their website or info here so we can add it to the list.
We want to make sure that we don't miss a vet that could help more people, and we need your help for that:)
Yup :) You did

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
We would like to add a star next to vets that our members recommend. We trust our members, and your picks may help someone else.
You can post here, or send a PM to the Mod whose name is on the document where your vet is located.
No personal info will be revealed, just a star next to the vet's name to let people know that this vet was recommended by a member.

Dani08

Nov 9, 2016
View attachment 36316

View attachment 36318

After a suggestion by a member, @Abu Colo, the Mod Team decided to create a list of veterinarians around the world who see birds. This was something we had discussed a few years ago, but the task seemed so large that we didn't get very far. However, the need is there and we decided that the time was right to get it done.
Not all the vets listed are CAVs, but all treat birds from what we could determine.
To find out if a vet is a CAV, you can search the websites of the ones in your area.
We started working on this at the end of November/2021, and even though we are going to continue to add countries we are finally ready to post it. Everything was current when we created this, but things change so please check for yourself as to hours, etc.

Unless otherwise stated, ALWAYS call first to make an appointment.

We have the Mod's name who created each document on the upper part of each document.
Please contact that Mod for additions, corrections, typos, misspellings, etc. The more vets we can add, the better for everyone. If you know we missed one (or more), please let us know.
Google Translate is not always correct, and it was used on many of these countries.
Please feel free to have us correct it as we want everything to be right.
You can also post additional vets in this thread. Please make sure to give us all the info:)

Some of the countries that had many vets have an index to make it easier to locate the area you're looking for.
On the left of each document there is also an index for easier navigation.

If you are on a mobile device, it may ask you to download an app. Just click no and you can open the link. No App is required.

I want to mention that this took the entire Mod Team, because without a Mod watching the forum while searches were made this would not have been possible.

* ParrotForums is not endorsing nor recommending any of the vets listed. This is simply a list of vets we found using Google.

Please do your own research on any vet you decide to use.

Click the link below for the list of countries.

Avian/Exotic Vets by Country

Please let us know if you recommend a vet. You can PM the Mod who created the document where your vet is located, or post it here.
We will be adding a star beside any vet who is recommended by our members. No reviews, just a star by their name.
Thank you for your help:)

Thanks for all your good work! I have to post my Alex's Vet here for y'all! Her name is Dr. Pena and he likes her a LOT! She is at North Austin Animal Hospital, 5608 Burnet Rd., Austin, TX 78756. PH #-(512) 459-7676. Alex will do anything for her but he DOES prefer women. He's a yellow headed Amazon.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thanks for all your good work! I have to post my Alex's Vet here for y'all! Her name is Dr. Pena and he likes her a LOT! She is at North Austin Animal Hospital, 5608 Burnet Rd., Austin, TX 78756. PH #-(512) 459-7676. Alex will do anything for her but he DOES prefer women. He's a yellow headed Amazon.
Thank you so much! I just added it with a star showing it is Member recommended:)

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
This is incredible, and such a great thing. I almost broke down crying today. I woke up early to try to get ahold of a vet as Nico's is currently out of town until the end of June. I called around to quite a few places. No where see's parrots anymore. It's getting more, and more difficult to find care for our feathered friends. Finding a certified avian vet is even more challenging. Most that were listed in my state aren't taking new patients.

I am curious as to why no vet places want to see parrots anymore. Does anyone know why?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
First, it requires additional education.
Second, there are additional Insurance costs.
Third, there has been a steady decline in the number of Parrot clients, driven by fewer Parrots and an unwillingness of those who have Parrots to take them to a Vet as there are no requirements like cats and dogs.
Fourth, Dogs and Cats are just far more profitable.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
First, it requires additional education.
Second, there are additional Insurance costs.
Third, there has been a steady decline in the number of Parrot clients, driven by fewer Parrots and an unwillingness of those who have Parrots to take them to a Vet as there are no requirements like cats and dogs.
Fourth, Dogs and Cats are just far more profitable.
Thank you so much for explaining that. It really did help with my understanding, and frustration from yesterday trying to find a vet to see my Ekkie.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thank you so much for explaining that. It really did help with my understanding, and frustration from yesterday trying to find a vet to see my Ekkie.
Were you ever able to locate another vet? I went through this myself a few years ago and it is devastating to have a sick bird and no one who will/can see them.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Were you ever able to locate another vet? I went through this myself a few years ago and it is devastating to have a sick bird and no one who will/can see them.
Yes, she wasn’t avian certified. She was up front about it. She does see birds though, and says she does always try to help the best she can. She flushed his nostrils, and at least was willing to try to help him.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yes, she wasn’t avian certified. She was up front about it. She does see birds though, and says she does always try to help the best she can. She flushed his nostrils, and at least was willing to try to help him.
Oh thank goodness! My vet who just retired wasn't certified either, but she was really good.

How is he doing today? Did the flushing help?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
AVIAN VET SUGGESTION:

Winrose Vet Hospital in WInnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. :) They're My regular vet. There's a few others but I don't know the clinics. :(
Thank you, I'll add that in!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Oh thank goodness! My vet who just retired wasn't certified either, but she was really good.

How is he doing today? Did the flushing help?
He isn't wheezing, and the whistling sound isn't coming from his nostrils anymore. He is still itching his nostrils some. I am guessing it's from him sticking his claws in them, and rubbing them against the bars of his cage. I was going to give it a few days to see if it calms back down to his usual.

Most Reactions

Latest posts