so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Almost 2 weeks away from my Fid babies. Will be 2 weeks tomorrow.
From all the reports from home everyone at home is fine, both feathered and non-feathered.

My Father has pretty much recovered from his pneumonia.
Dementia of course is a different story.
How many times can I answer the same question without going crazy myself?
I get "how many birds do you have?" so many times, I guess I should be glad he remembers I have birds.
But it's like that with so many subjects. I try to be patient but I am not without my limits.
He has an Amazon screen device and he can ask it stuff like what the temp is or even how old he is.
He does this multiple times a day.

I can keep him interested with YT videos of stuff he likes but watching movies is beond his ability to take in.

And his cat.
He really gets into a panic if he does not know where that cat is.
If/when he needs to go into a full time care facility he won't be able to cope.

Anyway sorry for the rant I just want to go home.

Wes.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Totally understandable! Caring for others can be hard, especially when they have dementia. I hope you can go home and see your fids soon❀️

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have been keeping an eye out on craigs list for cages.
I want to have one I can leave here. I found one that looked about right.
When I got a close look I found it was painted not powder coated and worse paint was flaking and rust was here/there. I politely declined the cage but I did get a so/so stand with 2dishes.

Woman I got the stand from had an African grey and cockatoo of some sort. She informed me she had "just recently" Given Away 2 Orange wing Amazon's. I nearly cried when I heard that.
She works with the local bird club in the area. Because of the large number of retirees in the area lot's of people are faced with putting there beloved birds up for re-homing.

Anyway here is a pic from the livingroom window.
It has been very foggy here most of the time and this was one of the rare days of clear weather.
livingroom view.jpg

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I have been keeping an eye out on craigs list for cages.
I want to have one I can leave here. I found one that looked about right.
When I got a close look I found it was painted not powder coated and worse paint was flaking and rust was here/there. I politely declined the cage but I did get a so/so stand with 2dishes.

Woman I got the stand from had an African grey and cockatoo of some sort. She informed me she had "just recently" Given Away 2 Orange wing Amazon's. I nearly cried when I heard that.
She works with the local bird club in the area. Because of the large number of retirees in the area lot's of people are faced with putting there beloved birds up for re-homing.

Anyway here is a pic from the livingroom window.
It has been very foggy here most of the time and this was one of the rare days of clear weather.
View attachment 34986
Beautiful viewWes...so sorry to read about Dad.

David is still in rehab/PT and doing better still don't know if he's gonna loose a toe or two,but when he comes home I'm gonna have to play caregiver until he can get around himself,it's stressing me big
time.
Got the birdie warmer today. BB's bar spacing is too wide for the attachment washers going to have to find larger ones so I put it in Amys house and he wont go near it. Doesn't seem to give off much warmth,maybe at night when his house is covered it will.

Try to maintain my friend! Happy to know the fid's are ok. I'm sure Bingo will give you an earful when you return.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts