B & G Macaw

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
I just met and held a Macaw for the first time and I am in love. Even my hubby who struggles to get excited over birds was impressed. With an $8000 price tag we may have to wait a bit though.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I know where you could get a B&G for $500 USD....but it's in Texas...sorry. I wish I could bring him to you.

OP
Mel

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
I know where you could get a B&G for $500 USD....but it's in Texas...sorry. I wish I could bring him to you.

Wow $500 might just be worth a plane ticket (& a holiday) :D

Gristleboy

Sep 26, 2009
Media
British Columbia
Parrots
"Octavio" Green Wing Mac,
"Maceo" Blue & Gold Mac, "The Electric Chickens"
Macs must be pretty rare in Aus. My understanding is that Australian regs for bird importation are about as strict as they get.

OP
Mel

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
Macs must be pretty rare in Aus. My understanding is that Australian regs for bird importation are about as strict as they get.

Importing any livestock to Australia is quite difficult because of our isolation to the rest of the world. We have a very delicate ecosystem and are free from a lot of diseases known in other parts of the world so the government is very strict on what comes in esp birds & reptiles. Many species require special licences to keep or are illegal eg corn snakes (even though half the reptile owners here own one).

We are pretty lucky to have a huge variety of parrots esp cockatoos but yeah birds like Macaws are pretty rare (& expensive)

Most Reactions