Baby conure doesn’t chirp

Lamblion

Feb 9, 2014
Miami, Fl
Parrots
Peached face lovebird.
Good afternoon everyone. I got my conure on Friday and for some reason she’s not chirping. She is eating super well and drinking, going around her cage super well, sleeping well, just doesn’t sing much. Is this normal? I have a dog, maybe that’s it?

She’s a pineapple conure.

Thanks!

Attachments

• F675362B-E07C-4474-8B04-EE34CBDA7CFF.jpeg
    F675362B-E07C-4474-8B04-EE34CBDA7CFF.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 7

Bird Mann

Sep 27, 2023
Maple Ridge BC
Parrots
I care for and manage a bonded pair of Parrotlets.
She is adorable. Hope all is well. Maybe she just needs some time.

Did you try playing conure sounds for her?

Last edited:
OP
L

Lamblion

Feb 9, 2014
Miami, Fl
Parrots
Peached face lovebird.
She is adorable. Hope all is well. Maybe she just needs some time.

Did you try playing conure sounds for her?
So I got home today and played with it a bit ( don’t know the sex yet) and she chirped softly. I also played conure sounds and nothing. Can she be deaf? I got her Friday and we are bonding about 30 min a day for the first week while she’s adapting to her cage and food.

Not sure why she’s not chirping but otherwise she’s awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 9

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
She’s so cute!! Conures aren’t really “singing” birds. They sometimes do a chatter-like sing to music. I think it’s normal for a baby to be a little more quiet. She will be vocal soon enough as she settles in and grows. My Ona doesn’t really “chirp” all that much - she either screams, contact calls, or talks/chatters.

You’ll hear that Conure scream as she gets older 😂 Enjoy the quiet while it lasts.

OP
L

Lamblion

Feb 9, 2014
Miami, Fl
Parrots
Peached face lovebird.
She’s so cute!! Conures aren’t really “singing” birds. They sometimes do a chatter-like sing to music. I think it’s normal for a baby to be a little more quiet. She will be vocal soon enough as she settles in and grows. My Ona doesn’t really “chirp” all that much - she either screams, contact calls, or talks/chatters.

You’ll hear that Conure scream as she gets older 😂 Enjoy the quiet while it lasts.
Thank you! This makes me feel better.

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
Winston ... 6 month old green cheek conure
4 budgies ( parakeet)
Thank you! This makes me feel better.
I have to agree with lamblion I have 2 pineapple green cheeked conures and 4 budgies...the budgies sing WAY more than the conures... the conures cluck to music occasionally... kinda growl and talk to themselves and contact call when I leave the room ... they don't sing like budgies..
The female grew up in a house with sun conures and occasionally makes a screech sound ..I think she's trying to mimic the sun conures ( they are loud) just enjoy your bird!!!

Most Reactions