Best toy ever

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
This toy idea (that I stole from someone else) is the best ever. It has provided Sydney hours of entertainment. It's cheap and refillable.

Please excuse the horrid pic. As soon as I got close Sydney was no longer interested in the toy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That's awesome! What is the football thingee made out of? Sydney looks quite intent on destruction!

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
It's rubber. It's called a nut foraging something or other. Probably wouldn't stand up to a too, but works for my guys.

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
It's a nutcase, my grey loves to forage out of them, but they do not last long.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ooo!! Looks super fun!!

Do the Popsicle sticks stay in there pretty good? Or do they fall out easily?

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i have one of those too! i stuff it with shredded paper/palm leaves and then Popsicle sticks. cooper loves it.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
YOURE GONNA PEE YOURSELF!!!!!
Last week, my business partner and I were checking out a new space for a restaurant. When it came time for the super to show us the dirty, stinky, leaky, drippy Brooklyn basement, I decided to wait outside. Well, they took their sweet old time, and it was FUH-REEZING out. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity outside in the cold, i spied a pet shop a few doors down.
I left them down there, and walked into the pet store, happily glimpsing a bird cage with a stuffed toy bird in it on my way in. Immediately met with the lovely warmth of the inside, I was faced with a disappointing scarcity of actual Birdy items. They had like four parakeet toys, and some metal contraption of questionable quality. I was SOOO cold, I stood there looking at the paltry array of bird toys for so long, that the shop owner came over and asked me if I needed help..........I think he meant 'help'.
Unwilling to re-freeze my rapidly thawing butt, I walked over to the dog toy area, and what did I find? THAT EXACT SAME RUBBER FOOTBALL TOY!!!!! I purchased three of them (one for each bird)........ They were a bit pricey, I could've stayed and enjoyed some more heat for what I paid.....
But my point is, IT'S SO TRUE!!! It IS the best bird toy EVER!!! I filled mine with nuts, sheddy paper, wooden beads, clothes pegs and some seeds. They were an across the board INSTANT hit!

Most Reactions