Bird Bath

Mysterygirl

Apr 14, 2015
Nor Cal
Parrots
Edgar (Alexandrian), Piper (Indian Ringneck), Eridan (Indian Ringneck)
The employee at the pet store where I bought Edgar (my Alex) told me he can't be bathed in the shower, he has to be sprayed with bird bath spray. Letting him take a "shower" is bad for him.
Is this true? :confused:
I wouldn't wash him with soap but I thought letting him clean himself in shower water was ok. Look at pic of the mouth for april.
Are they just trying to make a sale?

Last edited:
I would not use any spray to mist my fids, they are trying to make a sale. He can totally go in the shower if he likes it, or just be misted with plain water:)

That's ridiculous. Of course you can bathe him in the shower, it's just regular water like they use in the wild. I'd say this is an uneducated employee who doesn't know squat about birds and just wanted to sell a product.

Mysterygirl, as long as the shower stream is not blasting in his face I can't understand why plain water would be bad for him. I shower with my bird and he loves it!

I think everyone here uses plain water for their birds baths. I have considered switching to bottled water. My birds drink bottled water that says it comes from a spring.

So the same employee told me flight suits for birds keep them from flying. With that statement, I knew she was wrong. But just in case she was right about the water, thought I'd double check. Thank you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back