black eye

dbeau92

Mar 21, 2012
Good morning all!! I woke up this morning to find my B&G has a black eye?Her eye ball looks fine but under her eye its purple.dont know how this happened i just noticed it.She acts normal ate her breakfest and wants to watch the news like allways.just want to make sure theres nothing else wrong.

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
She may have banged her head on something, like a toy or a perch. Mine will sometimes scratch herself. It sounds like it could be just a bruise.

I'd watch it for now and see if it goes away in a day or two. If it doesn't, or starts looking worse, or her behavior and appetitie change, then i'd take her to the Vet.

Mike

Mar 15, 2011
Media
Albums
Atlanta, GA USA
Parrots
A Greenwing, a Sun Conure, and a Hahn's Macaw
My Greenwing fell off her perch (no, I'm not kidding!) one evening while I was sitting in the room at my computer (probably on this forum). The noise gave me a heart attack. I quickly pealed back her cover and found her sitting back up on her perch looking (shall I say it?)..., embarrassed.

I understand that parrots will sometimes have night-frights, which are really nothing more than a nightmare. For birds with this problem I've heard it is a good idea to put a night light near their cage, so they are not in complete darkness.

Last edited:

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
bruising goes away with sunlight exposure also, so make sure to get ur birdy in some direct sunlight...

Most Reactions

Latest posts