LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the forums, August!

Is this the feather you're referring to, outlined here in red...

v0tif6G.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
It looks like your budgie might have lost his longest tail feathers recently, and to me, this looks like a new feather he is growing to replace them. As long as it is not actively bleeding it should be ok, but do just keep an eye on it. You may notice some more new tail feathers growing soon too.

OP
A

August

Oct 2, 2021
Parrots
Budgie
It looks like your budgie might have lost his longest tail feathers recently, and to me, this looks like a new feather he is growing to replace them. As long as it is not actively bleeding it should be ok, but do just keep an eye on it. You may notice some more new tail feathers growing soon too.
I only got this budgie three days ago,
Thank you for the advice :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
He may have lost them at the shop or the breeder where you bought him. Not to worry, he will grow new tail feathers in the next month or two. What's his name by the way?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Aaaawwww, that's a sweet name! Hi Benji! I hope we get to see some more cute pics of you soon! 😁

Most Reactions